Suggestion

Discussion of the documentation project.
sloop

Suggestion

Post by sloop »

Hi all,

As I return again to the documentation section of the site (docs.cmsmadesimple.org), I keep noticing blank pages, for example-

http://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php?page=125

And I'd like them not to be!  For many reasons, not least of which is that CMS is awesome, and I'd like for both colleagues and clients to have an easy time finding the information they need.  I have a background in technical writing and would love to contribute, but I don't know where to begin with this site.

So, here's my suggestion... wikify the docs area!  Let contributors sign up for editing access, then turn them loose.  Edit afterwards.  Easy!

Let me know if there's any way I can assist in facilitating this.  Ideas: Use the wiki from Trac?  Use another wiki?  Also, I've been working on a section permission feature for CMS, which would allow docs to stay in CMS while facilitating the handing out of mod permisisons to contributors on a per-section basis.  It's something I could wrap up in a few days.

Let me know!  Thanks...
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Suggestion

Post by Ted »

Obviously, the documentation isn't getting done, and it's starting to bother me.

I love the idea of a wiki, but I need to at least have registration so it's not getting spammed.  I'd also like easy to do multiple language handling...

I'm open to suggestions and would love to put it in then hands of the users.  Please let me know what you guys think and I'll gladly help implement it.

Thanks!

Return to “[locked] Documentation0ld”