Big one: Painters website

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Big one: Painters website

Post by thomahawk »

Here is the CMSMS website for a "big one" customer (I mean, a big one in my small region of this world ;-)

http://www.maler-matter.ch

Its done with CMSMS, Flash, PNG, Javascript, iQuery. Not for IE6, though (because of the PNG images and fixed div's). There will be some more features added, but the basic pages are finished.

Thom
JeremyBASS

Re: Big one: Painters website

Post by JeremyBASS »

you site thinks IE7 is IE6... just a heads up.. you can find the solution in the thread or on google.  Cheers -Jeremy
hexdj
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by hexdj »

Very nice site, I wouldn't make the menus so transparent, as it makes them really hard to read, specially when there's already text behind them.
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Thanks Jeremy. But strange, I've tested it on 10 different computers with IE7, none of them showed the IE6 warning. What Version of IE7/System did you use?

Thom
psy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by psy »

Beautiful site.  You should be proud!

As for ie6, it's the bane of all our lives.  I've had success with ie6 png transparency with DD_belatedPNG.js.  The day is drawing near however when i6 is definitely off the menu!

psy
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Thank you, psy. IE6 usage is dropping constantly. I note only 9% of the visitors use IE6 on my site. And as more and more pages come up on the web who dont support it, IE6 should be soon out of business completely. I think its mainly because transparent PNG and fixed frames are very popular bemong designers.

Thom
lollipop27
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lollipop27 »

Hallo,

schöne Effekte, jedoch finde ich das Menü oben hängt etwas wahllos in Leiste. Wieso machst du es nicht bündig zum Inhalt unten?

Die Schrift könnte iene Idee kleiner sein und dafür mehr Zeilenabstand haben. Macht das ganze etwas luftiger.

Aber ansonsten ein schönes Ergebnis.
Sind die Menüs mit Bildern auch ausschließlich mit CMSMS umgesetzt?
neophron
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by neophron »

Nice site with original ideas.

You have still a Testartikel 5 there.

I think you should add somewhere a min-width, if you reduce the browser to less than 400px width, there is no scroll (Balken).
Why do you use tables? The tables in the div class="fixedtopframe" and div class="bzMainLeft" are without styles.
I suppose you didn't used the {menu} tag for the navigation. It looks like a selfmade construction. Good idea with the images inside, but if the customer wants to add a new page by himself how did you solved it?

I hade also mould in my kitchen  >:(
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

Here on the IE7 verses IE6 confusion.. This one is based in the js world but same applies...

"The value of agent for IE7.0.5730.11 is this:

mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 7.0; windows nt 5.1; su 3.011; mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows nt 5.1; sv1) ; .net clr 2.0.50727; fdm; .net clr 3.0.04506.30)

which means that ie6 is true and ie7 is true. Put "else if (ie7)" before "else if (ie6)".
"

Which you can read more here... http://www.experts-exchange.com/Program ... 82183.html

That is the short.. But I have posted in here.. in this thread.. a year ago on this, in more detail too..

When trying to filter browsers, one should go top down... take a look at my browser tools.. http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/browsertools

You’ll notice that.. "firefox", "msie", "ipod", "iphone", "opera", "chrome", "safari","mozilla", ...

see ipod must be above iphone, and above safari even though an iphone is an ipod so it'd resister as a iphone first, and they both use safari so they would both would resister as that first...

hope that is clear.. Cheers -Jeremy
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Well Jeremy, as said, yours so far is the only note about an IE7 setting that shows the blocker intended for IE6.

The code of the JS looks like this:

var IE6 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE 6")>=0) ? true : false;
if(IE6){

..etc

A question that comes into my mind (as not beeing a programmer) is: May it be that this causes any MSIE browser version that contains a "6" would be identified as MSIE 6? For example "MSIE 7.6" or "MSIE 8.06" etc...? So the question remains: In which browser version do you encounter the problem?

Greetings
Thom
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

Sorry it was not clear.... IE7.0.5730.11 … that was stated in the post to the link I showed..  I did put a bunch of time in on this.
also
var IE6 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE 6")>=0) ? true : false;

Is not a great way to do this bwt... it's too open.

Also for your notes.. IE7.0.5730.11 is an XP OS versions SP2 and SP3.. shipped with Dells, HP, and a few other major pc manufactures..

as for the cause.. again it's do to this.. note the agent

mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 7.0; windows nt 5.1; su 3.011; mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows nt 5.1; sv1) ; .net clr 2.0.50727; fdm; .net clr 3.0.04506.30)

if you look for IE6 you'll find it.. if you look for IE7 you'll find it.. so... :D that is it, that is the root... -J
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Hi Andrew.
And how can I do that?
joecannes
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joecannes »

very nice site,

Question, for your drop down menus, are they dynamic, where if a user adds a new subsection, it appears, or is it coded so that if a new second level section is needed, you have to manually put that in?

JC
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Hi JC. I could make them dynamic, but I decided not to give too much liberty to the customer, because in other cases it happened that they filled the menues with new pages and the site lost completely its clear structure.

Thom

Return to “CMS Show Off”