CTLModuleMaker get parents

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
pticka
Forum Members
Forum Members

CTLModuleMaker get parents

Post by pticka »

Hello,

I have module created with CTModuleMaker. Child can have multiple parents ("sharechild" is set). How can I get parents of the child in detail view? Found function get_parents in MODULENAME.getparents.php, but seems it haven't been used anywhere. Have any ideas?

Thank you.
pticka
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CTLModuleMaker get parents

Post by pticka »

anybody?
klenkes
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by klenkes »

Sorry for having no good news.
I have a great deal of experience with CTLMMs modules and have around 12 of them up and running fine, but when it comes to "share children option" I keep quiet, because I don't use it. Suddenly a lot of things stop working as expected!

Sorry.
pticka
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pticka »

klenkes wrote: Sorry for having no good news.
I have a great deal of experience with CTLMMs modules and have around 12 of them up and running fine, but when it comes to "share children option" I keep quiet, because I don't use it. Suddenly a lot of things stop working as expected!

Sorry.
Bad news is better than no info at all, so thank you.. In my case using "share children" is neccesary and also DB is already filled with products and everything works fine exept that I can not get parents.

I found that parent id's could be retrieved from MODULENAME_PARENT_has_CHIRDREN table. Maybe somebody already had written such script?
mw
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by mw »

pticka wrote:
klenkes wrote: Sorry for having no good news.

Sorry.
Bad news is better than no info at all, so thank you.. In my case using "share children" is neccesary and also DB is already filled with products and everything works fine exept that I can not get parents.

I found that parent id's could be retrieved from MODULENAME_PARENT_has_CHIRDREN table. Maybe somebody already had written such script?
what version are you running?
are you referring to :
{$item->parent_object->parent_object->variable }  if so I posted on the ctlmodulemaker devsite summary about issue with "getting parents" I actually went back a few versions in order to get it to work (1.7 I think)

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”