0.12 "Fiji" Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 0.12 "Fiji" Released!

Post by Ted »

pishkus wrote: Sorry for the offtopic maybe, but i don't want to create a new thread.
I've migrated to 0.12 from 0.10 and don't know if the feature i don't like was in 0.11 and already discussed in this forum earlier, but my question is:

Why the "-" symbol (no quotes) in content page alias is automatically replaced by "_" (no quotes)??? I really really hate it  ???
This was brought up already.  I'll have it fixed for 0.12.1.  Thanks!
agraddy

Post by agraddy »

I think I have come across two bugs in the Additional Editors options for pages.

I guess I am probably supposed to submit a bug report in the forge, but I thought I would post the issue here before submitting it.

This occurs on a fresh install of 0.12.

1. If you select an additional editor for a page, that editor's name will be selected. If you try to deselect that editor's name, you can't do it. Once you have selected an additional editor for the page, you are stuck with always having an additional editor. You can control click the additional editor and the highlighting will be removed, but after you apply the change and come back to the page, there is still an additional editor selected. I tried this in both Firefox 1.5 and IE 6 and neither could get the page back to the original setting of no additional editors.

2. The essence of this next problem is that if you select an additional editor for a page that has a parent, when the additional editor logs in they are not able to see the page that they can edit.

Here are the steps to duplicate the problem:
- Create a Section Header.
- Create a Page with the Section Header as the parent and assign an editional editor to the page.
- Now logout and login as the additional editor. You will not be able to see the page that you can edit.

I figured out what the logical problem is with this second problem. The Section Header has not been expanded for the additional editor. If you give the additional editor access to the section header, they can expand the section header. Once the section header has been expanded on their admin panel, you can remove their access to the section header and they will still be able to see the page that they can edit.

Basically, the parent of the page they can edit needs to be expanded before they can see the page they can actually edit.

It is a real hassle to have to login as each individual editor to expand the section header and then remove access for each user to the section header.

Hopefully I explained these two problems clearly.

I didn't see anything in the Bug Reports. If I should put these two items in the bug report, let me know.
chilsta
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by chilsta »

All worked very smoothly for me.  :)

Nice work peoples. Much appreciated.

C*
lemkepf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lemkepf »

Any timeframe for .12.1? Thanks!
Paul
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

End of the week, most likely.  Few more things to work out tonight.
kiwikeith

Post by kiwikeith »

kiwikeith wrote: Hi

My fckblank problem - yes if I open it then I can see the code no probs. The permissions on this file are set to 777. Any ideas?

Cheers, Keith
Solved this one by changing the name of the file fckblank.html.php to fckblank.php. Also amended any files that reference fckblank.html.php to reference fckblank.php instead. I think it was a problem with my hosting provider (?) not allowing double extensions on files. Or maybe there was something I could have done about it. Anyway, it works now!
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

@agraddy: Both issues are now fixed in svn.  #2 was definitely a challenge to do, but it was well worth it.

@everyone: I'd like to release 0.12.1 without a long drawn out beta cycle.  If people could test the daily svn build (I ran the build script for it just now) and confirm some of these bug fixes that I'm doing, it would be most helpful!  Thanks!
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

@keith: Nice fix.  I think I should probably do that in svn before anyone else has the same issue.  Though, I think just to be on the safe side, I'll make it fckblankhtml.php.  Thanks again!
agraddy

Post by agraddy »

@Ted: Well, I've never used SVN before, but I figured I would give it a shot so that I could test those features for you.

This SVN thing is proving to be quite a learning curve for me (I'm a decent PHP hacker, but I've never used any kind of SVN or CVS system). I'm not quite sure what to do next so maybe you can help me.

I'm on Windows XP so I downloaded Tortoise SVN and got that installed. Next I created an SVN directory and setup a cmsmadesimple directory inside of that. I then went to the forge and found the anonymous svn url (http://svn.cmsmadesimple.org/svn/cmsmadesimple) and used that to import everything into the directory. That ended up taking a couple hours (I'm on DSL, but it was transferring at a low rate) (at least I got to catch up on some blog reading) but I think I finally got everything imported onto my computer. I've got little check boxes on all the files which I'm assuming is informing me that the folders are up to date for the last time I checked the forge.

I guess I want to get a little clarification on the next step. I'm used to working with the stable releases where everything is nice and neat without all of the extra files and folders. In the trunk folder, there are a few extra files and folders that are not present in the stable releases (examples: build directory, scripts directory, svn-propset file, release-cleanup.sh, CHECKLIST, etc.). I'm thinking I should transfer the php and css files found in the main directory of the trunk and then the regular directories found in the stable release. I guess one of my biggest questions is why the tmp directory is empty. I realize it only had four empty directories inside of it, but shouldn't those still be present? Do I need to recreate those directories on my server?

I guess I am mainly just looking for some clarification for the proper way to install from SVN. I feel like I am on the right track, but I just want to make sure.

On a side note, since I am still getting used to this whole SVN thing, I thought I would post my updates to the menu manager and it would probably be a lot easier for you to add them to the SVN rather than me messing something up right now.

I didn't like that the MenuManager can be edited by anybody (it has no permissions set).

I added these lines to give it permissions:

In MenuManager.module.php I changed:

Old Line 75:

Code: Select all

function VisibleToAdminUser()
    {
      return true;
    }

function Install()
    {
    }
New Line 75:

Code: Select all

function VisibleToAdminUser()
    {
      return $this->CheckPermission('Manage Menu');
    }

function Install()
    {
        // create a permission
        $this->CreatePermission('Manage Menu', 'Manage Menu');
    }

function Uninstall()
    {
        // remove the permissions
        $this->RemovePermission('Manage Menu');
    }
I would imagine most people would appreciate that addition. If you get a chance it would be great if you could add it to the MenuManager's SVN.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Yeah, I noticed the missing permissions last night as well when I was testing some other stuff.  I will add that in.

Also, there is an svn daily that is built, well, daily.  You can use that instead of messing with svn directly.  http://cmsmadesimple.org/svn-daily.tar.gz

Thanks!
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Sorry, correction on the url.  http://cmsmadesimple.org/cms-daily.tar.gz
agraddy

Post by agraddy »

Good job.

Both of the problems I mentioned above are now fixed!

I also really like the checkmark boxes next to the content. Nice addition. It worked great for me (I forgot to uncheck the box to install content so I had to use the content checkboxes to delete everything).

As for the SVN, if you get a chance to explain how to install from that I would greatly appreciate it. My understanding is that I would not have to download the entire development snapshot (even if it isn't that big) because I could just check for the changed files and everything would be up to date on my computer.

Like I said above, I think I am on the right track, but I could use a little clarification on why the tmp folder is empty and if I only upload the usual directories and php and css files, if everything will work correctly.
agraddy

Post by agraddy »

Another Question:

I don't know if maybe I am missing a setting in the Admin, but the first time I add a user, they automatically get added to the "Editor" group. I then have to go into Group Assignments and uncheck the user from the group. Each user I add after that is not assigned a group.

Is there any way to make it so that when you add the first user (and every user after that) they are not a member of any group.

I guess it is frustrating because I'm not sure when a user is going to be added to a group, so after I add a user, I go through all the group assignments to make sure the user does not have permissions I did not want assigned.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

The problem with SVN is that you have to at least download the whole thing once.  So, you checkout http://svn.cmsmadesimple.org/svn/cmsmadesimple/trunk to some directory on your filesystem.  After you do that the first, then all later updates will only merge in the changes that have happened since the last update.

So, yes, you're on the right track, but not quite there.  :)

Glad the fixes are working.  It took me longer than I wanted to, but it's good that it's sorted out.

I did notice the bit last night about being in the Editor group by default.  I thought that was kind of strange too and I'll look into it.  We're getting closer to a release...
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Ok, it's a bug in the install schema.  There is a leftover record that it getting inserted that already has user #2 in the Editor group.  That won't happen when you add the next user.

I'll fix it for clean 0.12.1 installs...

Return to “Announcements”