0.12 "Fiji" Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

0.12 "Fiji" Released!

Post by Ted »

From the News posting...
Well, it's a month late, but that's better than never, right?

There are 2 big changes in this release.

The first is the addition of the menu manager module. This is basically a replacement for all of the menu nightmares that we've been going through. It basically allows you to define how the menu output will be defined (if you want), or just use the sample templates that come with the system and emulate the existing menu systems out there.

Secondly, we've moved to adodb lite. This should decrease the amount of memory usage for each loaded page. Also, in conjunction with that, we've done a lot more refiining of memory usage and really closed up some gaps. As a result, CMSMS is faster and less resource intensive. It's a good thing.

There are plenty of other goodies as well. Theme Manager makes importing and exporting templates easy. Better handling of 404 errors. Less "nocache" errors. Better caching strategies. A stronger FCKeditor. And tons more that I forgot to put into the ChangeLog.

Please upgrade cautiously. It should work, and works in our test situations. But everyone is different. Test the upgrade before overwriting your production website. Please!!! It just makes our support handling tedious.
Anyway, thanks again for all of your patience.  The beta testers did a wonderful job, and while not perfect by any means, this release gets us another step closer.

Thanks again!
stopsatgreen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 0.12 "Fiji" Released!

Post by stopsatgreen »

Fabulous! Well done! Any changes between 0.12 beta 2 and 0.12 stable?
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Mostly just stability issues.  The menu manager templates were split into accessible/non-accessbile (read easier to understand) versions.  Then just bug fixes, I believe.
jegb

Post by jegb »

Hi

First of all, great job, keep it up!
After the upgrade (better to say a new installation) Do you know why I am getting this error?

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function sureGetNodeById() on a non-object in C:\www\cmsmadesimple\plugins\function.breadcrumbs.php on line 49
I dropped old database tables (cms.*).

Enrique
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Hi,

Problems already.  That's not good.  :)

Anyways, need some info.  Did you copy the new files over the old ones and then rerun install or upgrade?  What version of php?

If it's a fresh install, make sure the cache is cleared.  I would feel better if you uploaded to an entirely different directory, just in case some files got out of sync for some reason.
tamlyn

Post by tamlyn »

Woo!  :) I'm trying to get to bed early this week and it's already 3am so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check it out...
amygdela

Post by amygdela »

Wow, this is great news! :) I'm gonna test it out right now!!! :D I'm very curious about the speed of CMSMS now.
URAN

Post by URAN »

Greetings!!!  ;D

Nice work!

Should I wait for upgrade from 0.11.2 to 0.12 ?
URAN

Post by URAN »

Also I wonder if it possible to use my DB from CMSMS 0.11.2 for 0.12 version?
jegb

Post by jegb »

hi

yes, I copied on top of old installation... good mistake!
I deleted fully all the files and retried, and it worked.

Good question is how to migrate db data (content) to new installations or upgrade...

cheers,
enrique
stopsatgreen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by stopsatgreen »

@ URAN: Yes, you can upgrade from 11.2 to 12.0 and use the same DB. Make a backup of all your files and your DB just in case, then download and extract 12.0 into the same directory as you had 11.2, overwriting all the files. When you are done, go to [yourblogaddress]/install/upgrade.php; the process should run automatically and you will be upgraded. Everything should work except maybe for a few modules (for example, the Backup module no longer works in 12.0).

Hope this helps.
pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

Just updated a 0.12 beta2 test installation and a 0.11 test installation. First worked straightaway, for second I had to remove a call to the old statistics module. Surprised and happy to find that the 'old' CSSMenu module still worked in the 0.11 update.

Problem  >:( - I notice that each time I call FCKeditor to edit I get just over 1000 lines in the apache error log:
[Thu Mar 09 11:15:07 2006] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset:  1 in d:\\develop\\easyphp1-8\\www\\cms\\modules\\fckeditorx\\cssparser.inc.php on line 116

All messages reference the same line 116, except the 3rd from last, which references line 207.

Also occurs with (eg) Preview. It doesn't seem to affect the operation of FCKEditor itself, but obviously fill the error.log

These installations use EasyPHP1.8.0.1.

Will try a hosted test installation this evening

Otherwise, thanks for the new version. I get the impression it's faster, but it is a localhost installation
Will checkout further but looks good!! :D

John
URAN

Post by URAN »

@ stopsatgreen:

Update complete! Thank you!!

2 bugs:

1. After updating disappered "EllNav Horiz/Vert L 1col" menu which used for my web

2. At first I installed 0.12 to check it up, so this bug appereares not after upgrade, it was by default. At Admin Page if I try to use FCKeditorX, it won`t work - on page open (edit mode), browser trying to download file fckblank.html.php. So, it impossible to edit page with FCKeditorX. ???
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

1.  That's a little strange.  I've never heard of a case where templates didn't survive an upgrade.

2.  That file should be in /modules/FCKeditorX/FCKeditor/editor/fckblank.html.php.  Make sure it got uploaded to your host.
URAN

Post by URAN »

1. Uhhh.... It was simple - I just was should to upload CSSMenu and EllNav folders into modules. They were not at 0.12 archive file. I guess a new user who will try to install 0.12 version, will be a bit surprised ::)

2. fckblank.html.php is on it`s place.

Return to “Announcements”