2009 Geek Moot Donation Drive

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

2009 Geek Moot Donation Drive

Post by Ted »

Reposted from http://blog.cmsmadesimple.org/2009/07/3 ... ion-drive/
It's that time of year again.  In order to fund some of the developers travel to Geek Moot 2009, we're going to require a bit of supplemental income.  We're looking to fund 2 developers coming over from North America as well as the remainder of the deposit for the event space.

As with the last 2 years, we're going to open up for help from the community.  The goal this year is kind of big, but I'm hopeful that we can pull it off.

We're looking to raise $2,000 by August 10th.  This will be for 2 plane tickets, some travel expenses and the remainder (about $600) going to the event space.  Donators will be added to this post on a daily basis and moved over to the donations list on the main site.  We will, of course, keep a running tally of donations and give a big congrats if and when the goal is reached.

Furthermore, the largest donation will get a free banner ad on our sites for 2 months.  This is, of course, if they have something to advertise.  If not, then we'll try and come up with something else to show our thanks.

I think we can pull this off.  Prove me right, folks!

Thanks!

Ted

Update:
Thanks to everyone.  We turned it into a month of donations and it was a huge success!  I'll contact Mirren soon and see everyone who's coming to Geek Moot in a few weeks.
July 31
Tyler Boespflug - $50

Aug 1
Jordan Hlebarov - $5
Finn Lovenkrands - $200
Sandro Barbieri - $100

Aug 2
Sanjay Cherubala - $50
Maine Webworks - $50

Aug 3
Gareth Jones - $30

Aug 4
Marcus Hill - $20
Mirren - $350

Aug 5
Johnny Eshak - $100

Aug 6
Reinhard Mohr - $50

Aug 8
Shareworld - $30

Aug 9
Franck Lafay - $100

Aug 11
lonejacobsen.dk - $50

Aug 12
JeremyBass - $50
duketown.eu - $50
smilingcharleys.com - $15
AU Computers P/L - $200

Aug 13
Alessandro Grassi - $10
Pyramedia - $50
Andrew Rowbottom - $10
Webaholic - $50
Mana Ties - $50

Aug 14
Prism Open Source - $50
Das howtodo-it-Team - $10

Aug 16
Leeroy Lugg - $100

Aug 17
Viebig - $20
Karl Goldstraw - $10

Aug 18
Timothy Mahoney - $25
helminikon.no - $140

Aug 19
Renzo Ticineto - $40
tao.dk - $200

Aug 25
Piotras Cimmperman - $200

Aug 29
terapeutweb.com - $50
Katahdin Designs Limited - $30

Aug 30
Victor Ursu - $20
Last edited by Ted on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyman00
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 2009 Geek Moot Donation Drive

Post by tyman00 »

Half way into the drive and we are only 43% of the way to the target goal. Please help so the developers can get together and continue to make this one of the most progressive CMS's available. As with all donation drives. Every last dollar makes a difference.

Many thanks to the contributors so far!
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer.
M@rtijn wrote: This is a community. This means that we work together and have the same goal (a beautiful CMS), not that we try to put people down and make their (voluntary) job as difficult as can be.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

We're now passed the goals dealine, and we came nowhere near close to meeting our goals.

This is sad.

CMSMS 1.6.3 has been downloaded approximately 5500 times as of today... if 5% of the people that had downloaded the package (either the diffs, full, or base versions) had donated $10... we would have well exceeded the goal.

Come on people... Support your favorite CMS.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

Very true, this is sad... I figured that there are tons of people that can afford to donate... I can't but did anyway... Let's keep banding together... Cheers Jeremy
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

I read the last line of calguy's footer: "don't make me angry...".
Since I will be going to the Geek Moot (why don't you?) I rather not meet him in an angry mode. So I donated as well. How about you?
The Geek Moot will mean another landmark on the road to version 2.0 of CMSMS.

I take it that all of you are in someway compensated for the work you do when helping out a friend/customer for the implementation of CMSMS.
Now help your friends at CMSMS ... by donating!

Duketown
tinhat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by tinhat »

Hello

Please send an announcement to the mailing list for requests such as this one. I would have been happy to donate for Geek Moot and will be happy to next time but I only saw this today as I don't come to the forums often - today I came to read any recent announcements. Like others, I often only come to the forums when I have a problem I want to find a solution to or to catch up on news/announcements.

Cheers
Mark

[edit]I've been at the forums since this topic was started - but I must not have paid any attention to it whereas I would have if it was announced to the mailing list.
Last edited by tinhat on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tyman00
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tyman00 »

I am not sure what happened in your situation. But we did send this out to all of our mailing lists (announcements, translations, etc).
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer.
M@rtijn wrote: This is a community. This means that we work together and have the same goal (a beautiful CMS), not that we try to put people down and make their (voluntary) job as difficult as can be.

Return to “Announcements”