Is it difficult to set a title in CMS Made Simple?

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
daniel

Is it difficult to set a title in CMS Made Simple?

Post by daniel »

I was looking for the option to set a website title and only found it on the template code! Why???? :(
Havent you discussed about implementing a database field to configure it?  ::)
cyberman

Re: Is it difficult to set a title in CMS Made Simple?

Post by cyberman »

You must only insert {title} to the template head.
westis

Post by westis »

what exactly your suggestion/need, where else would you want your sitename to appear?
In the default templates the {title} tag is not included (but will be in later versions). So he only got the same title on all pages. Cyberman showed him the solution. ;)
daniel

Post by daniel »

Yes I agree with you, but is this CMS really that easy for beginners? I think it is, but web title issue is a big drawback. Why would it be needed for the user to know a little programming? I dont like that, and I think it would be a lot better to have a form to configure the website title in a visible section.
Daniel.
roman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by roman »

For beginning You will need basic 3 tags: {title}{bulletmenu}{content} First You know yet, secont is one from 4-5 menu systems, last one is content of your page. Replace in design of your page relevant parts and you will see :). Anyway, You will need some HTML, CSS experiences.
roman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by roman »

Patricia wrote:
roman, an important one also in template is {stylesheet}, if not present, none of your stylesheets will be called. This tag is present in sample templates.

Cheers
yees, thanks patricia
daniel

Post by daniel »

cyberman wrote: You must only insert {title} to the template head.
Ok thanks all for posting, but I need the location of the site title in the database, where is it? Because I can change the template with {title} but from where is this value taken in the database, what table-field?
Thanks.
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

daniel wrote:
Ok thanks all for posting, but I need the location of the site title in the database, where is it? Because I can change the template with {title} but from where is this value taken in the database, what table-field?
Thanks.
;D no one else caught what you are really after. WEB SITE title (ie. the site's name, such as "joe's home page"), not page title.  afaik, there is not any place to configure a web site title... (yet?!).

however, you can use a html_blob (global content block) for that. and then refer to it in the template as something like {html_blob name="site title"} just as the footer is incorporated into the default templates now.
Last edited by kermit on Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

The {title} field is generated from the page title,  as you set it when creating or editing a page.
daniel wrote:

Thanks.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
petrangr

Post by petrangr »

You can use {description}
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

To show the Site name and page Title in Title bar of browser...

{title} @ {sitename} gives you Page Title @ Site Name...

Using variations of this should give you what you need...

To change Site Name go to Site Admin > Global Settings, Site Name: "change here" ...

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”