smarty error {0.12b1}

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

smarty error {0.12b1}

Post by kermit »

is there something special to do in order to insert a blob into a content item, such as a content page or a news article? whenever i do, i get this:

Warning: Smarty::_include() [function.include]: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/client/bracband/cmsms2/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1923

it seems to only happen when the page is pulled from cache. if i make a change to something or clear the cache; requiring it to generate a new page, it doesn't error. but the very next page view it will.

this is on my breezy box, running:
Apache/2.0.54 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.0.5-2ubuntu1.1 mod_perl/2.0.1 Perl/v5.8.7 with MySQL 4.0.24
0.12b1 was a fresh shell install without the extra sample content and templates.

i have: tried removing a space that was present in the blob name. i have tried an extremely minimal template (with only menu and content.. not even a css attached). i have tried ' ' and " " for quotes around the blob name. i've tried both {html_blob name="somename"} and {global_content name="somename"} and i have gone so far as to give apache ownership of *every* file and directory in the siteroot (i.e. chown -R www-data * in the cmsms install directory).

note there also is a typo in the global_content tag help:
{globa_content name='myblob'}
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: smarty error {0.12b1}

Post by kermit »

well, i'm not using nt-based permissions on my windows sandbox.. eliminates those pesky permission problems.. just unzip and go. :)

so far so good on breezy (have moved the beta bashing over to there for the time being).. i'll have to add some content pages like you mentioned and see what happens. i'll set up another instance of uniformserver on windows too when i get a chance (i kinda got mad at it and tossed it).
Last edited by kermit on Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

i added another install to breezy and it *was* working. but it errors out again now that i've added some pages as patricia mentioned. it also has html_blob in content on pages and in news article (summaries also on pages). first view ok, cached views error.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Ok, I've confirmed that it's related to having a html_blob in a news article.  Not sure where the disconnect is, but I've added some error handling to smarty.  It seems to have solved the problem, though I really hate modifing Smarty directly.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Scratch that.  I've added it to my subclass of smarty, so I didn't have to touch the original file.  OO programming rocks.

Anyway, I think revision 2554 fixed it.  Please test when possible.  Thanks.

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”