Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.6.1 - Canala

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.6.1 - Canala

Post by calguy1000 »

The latest and greatest release of your favorite content management system... CMSMS version 1.6.1 "Canala" is ready to roll.  This is a bugfix only release.

Again, the members of the development team have donated many hours to testing, fixing, and re-testing the package, to make sure that what we fix, is infact fixed, and everybody should give a big thanks to them.

We've fixed the known outstanding php4 issues (thank god we won't have to worry about php4 when 1.7 comes out), and a few issues with permissions, and email addresses, etc. 

Important: we have fixed a longstanding problem with having multiple module calls within the default. content area.  The fix to this was essentially to dramatically change the 'module id' mechanism from a simple count, to a unique hash for each module call. Therefore any of you that are doing styling, or funky smarty tricks relying on specific module id's like m6_ or m7_  will have upgrade problems.  There was no way around it.

Hopefully this will be the last release in the 1.6 series, and we can move forward with development on CMSMS 1.7, which will be a php5 only release.

Note: Just to remind everybody out there... as of this release, we can only support CMSMS 1.6, and 1.6.1... therefore please refrain from asking questions or reporting bugs until you've successfully upgraded.

Here's a more detailed list of what's changed:

- Fixes of several bugs:
  - #3138 A bug of counting modules in page
    ---
    Note: This bugfix WILL break any sites that use incorrectly hacked templates with
    hardcoded module id's like m6 and m7, etc.
    ---
  - #3582 (CMS 1.6) Fatal Error in contentoperations.inc.php
  - #3589 Missing "Forgot Password?" on default template
  - #3591 Default group "Editor" has no permission to edit a page
  - #3601 Creating new user fails, doesn't accept "-" in email address
  - #3606 Cannot remove additional editors from page
  - #3608 Edit icon of pages is shown even if no permissions to edit that page
  - #3612 {content} passes params to Module -> results in errormessage
  - #3626 Fixes issue with php 4.x in multicontent
  - #3636 Global Settings -> Advanced Setup -> Basic Properties
  - #3768 Email validation when add user
  - #3680 Big problem with group permissions
  - Fixes issue with php 5.0.5 in content operations
  - More minor bug fixes.
  - Fixes to default content on new installs
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.6.1 - Canala

Post by cb2004 »

Good stuff. A massive thanks to all involved. Its getting better and better.
Ziggywigged
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ziggywigged »

Curious, what are: "blank.htm" and "css" for?

Thanks.
Take a penny, leave a penny.
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cb2004 »

I deleted them. There only in the diff zip.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

I read the blog area... http://blog.cmsmadesimple.org/2009/07/2 ... 61-canala/

Important: we have fixed a longstanding problem with having multiple module calls within the default. content area. The fix to this was essentially to dramatically change the ‘module id’ mechanism from a simple count, to a unique hash for each module call. Therefore any of you that are doing styling, or funky smarty tricks relying on specific module id’s like m6_ or m7_ will have upgrade problems. There was no way around it.
So since m6_ is now gone... how would we send from one mod to another in the templates?  ie if I wanted to have a form from formbuilder on one page with the tag and land it on another page in a different area We'd be using the hash id?  is that it... I see it'll be f085f ect but does that stay stable like the m6_ ?

so in a sense if we are doing a funky smarty tricks relying on specific module that we need to go thru and replace the m6_'s with the new f085f's ?

Cheers
Jeremy

/*-----edit------*/
Wow the are a real hash.. put to forms
{cms_module module='FormBuilder' form='contact'}
on one page and get
f085f

that is unpredictable.. but at least regex will take care of that... So what was the bug that forced this change.. ?  The only form bug I've seen has to deal with the urls, not being stable and what not... Should I be looking for something in the older sites?
Last edited by JeremyBASS on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

how would we send from one mod to another in the templates?  ie if I wanted to have a form from formbuilder on one page with the tag and land it on another page in a different area We'd be using the hash id?  is that it... I see it'll be f085f ect but does that stay stable like the m6_ ?
The correct answer is... you shouldn't be.
If you need to pass data from one page to another, particularly using formbuilder, the data should be stored in the session, and then read on the receiving page.  The same thing with styling... you should not be styling form id's directly... rather wrap the entire form in a div, and style within that.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

The correct answer is... you shouldn't be.
Well I don't want to be either but we talk about this a while back.. I'd have to dig the post up but I ask tons of questions on the action id on the why's and what's and what not... so if you’re saying I should not be maybe you'll know how to do this example without using the action as a target.

@ http://www.corbensproducts.com/

top right side there is Advanced Search --- if you click that and pick Idaho from the states and submit you'll see I toss the form to another page in another location on that page... I know I'm not as up as I should be in coding but I just can't think of a way to do this without targeting with the action id...

I humbly disagree at this point with what I know, that the correct answer is "you shouldn't be" but I am more than open to other ideas :D as this is only one example of the need for predictable action ids..
Cheers
Jeremy

/****edit****/
So it turns out I was seeing an error and in the rush of things it never popped up that formbuilder had a bug in the inline non-inline preference and that is why I need the action id hack... ajprog saw it for what it was and had the fix back to me and I tested it out.. it works!! so no need to do the action id hack... Cheers ajprog
Last edited by JeremyBASS on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggywigged
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ziggywigged »

I've noticed that the amount of queries being made since upgrading a few sites from 1.6 to 1.6.1 has jumped back up. Doubling and even tripling on some sites.

I was hoping this improvement in 1.6 would have been carried over to help performance. Is this going to be addressed in the next release?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take a penny, leave a penny.

Return to “Announcements”