pages list, icons do nothing [solved]

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
drow

pages list, icons do nothing [solved]

Post by drow »

this is a bit curious, and i suspect that its something more or less specific to me,
but i figured i'd ask.

i've had both CMSMS 1.2.4 and now 1.6 installed.  in either version, in the list of pages
(Content -> Pages), many of the various icons associated with each page don't do
anything when i click them.  specifically, the small triangle to open/collapse a section,
the checkmark to make a page inactive, the up/down arrows to move a page in the list,
and the trashcan to delete a page.  the view page and edit page icons, at least, do
operate normally.

even stranger, if i right-click on the icon and open the link in a new tab, it does usually
have the intended effect, though i may have to reload the page list again to see that it
has.

this has been going on in various versions of both Firefox (up through 3.5) and
Safari (up through 4.0), Mac OS X 10.3.9 through 10.5.7

both browsers are normally run with zero disk cache on my computer,
others in the office have seen the same thing with different configurations.
all Macs though, and usually Safari.

any ideas?  you can all laugh now, too.
Last edited by drow on Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dee
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: pages list, icons do nothing

Post by Dee »

All the functions you list are using Ajax in their implementation.
As you tried with various browsers it probably isn't a problem with browser settings preventing the JavaScript to be executed.
That leaves a server side problem, check the webserver error log for clues on what's going wrong. My first suspect would be PHP safe mode, does your host have that turned on?

Kind regards,
D
drow

Re: pages list, icons do nothing

Post by drow »

PHP 5.2.6, safe mode is disabled.

from the server access log, i'm guessing that xajax is the thing i'm looking for?
is the server-side code in the same directory tree?  because i only see requests for the client-side javascript.
hmm... javascript is definitely executing in the web browser, though.
where does the request URI get built?
xajax_core/xajax.inc.php

aha, i should've known.
the webhost provider uses a load balancer, so the external and internal port numbers aren't the same,
and xajax ends up with an invalid request URI.
commented out lines 881-883 in xajax.inc.php and that resolves the issue.

is there a way for CMSMS to provide the root_url defined in config.php to xajax,
instead of letting it guess?

thanks for the space.  cheers!

Return to “CMSMS Core”