CMSMS 1.6 will be out on the 20th

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
alby

Re: CMSMS 1.6 will be out on the 20th

Post by alby »

replytomk3 wrote: Upgraded my site, no visible problems I could find. Because there is no diff file, I deleted old version completely. Am I doing this right?
numbers of file was very high with risk of broke something

Alby
point4design
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by point4design »

Everything looks good so far. I'll be able to test it fairly thoroughly as my project will use several modules. Great work!!
replytomk3

Post by replytomk3 »

Cataloger module is not compatible. Do not upgrade if you use the module.
replytomk3

Post by replytomk3 »

alby wrote:
replytomk3 wrote: Upgraded my site, no visible problems I could find. Because there is no diff file, I deleted old version completely. Am I doing this right?
numbers of file was very high with risk of broke something

Alby
Make sure that you backup properly. http://mkrd.info/software-discussions/cms-made-simple/backin-up-and-restoring-cmsms.html

Do not forget site title, database prefix, and pretty urls.
tyman00
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tyman00 »

replytomk3 wrote: Cataloger module is not compatible. Do not upgrade if you use the module.
calguy1000's announcement wrote: Compatiblity

- Users using Cataloger, PageBlocks, and other modules that create content types will experience problems with compatibility.  Please
  contact the authors of these modules and ask them to release a version compatible with CMS 1.6 as soon as possible.
:)
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer.
M@rtijn wrote: This is a community. This means that we work together and have the same goal (a beautiful CMS), not that we try to put people down and make their (voluntary) job as difficult as can be.
reneh
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by reneh »

I just overwrite.
No need to delte anything what I know about...
ReneH 8-)
A search will save you hours waiting for an answer! Image
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

If you get
> Fatal error: Call to a member function GetRow() on a non-object in /home/content/j/e/r/j/html/lib/classes/class.contentoperations.inc.php on line 788
This was tested on Godaddy server under php 5+ and MySQL 5+....

The only fix is to alter the code... This is a bug that is known from what I understand...

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/3582

The other option is a full dump of everything and build it all back up.. in general it's not to bad if you don't mind parting the back-up of the db you just made before you started to update.  Just takes some time that way...

Cheers
Jeremy
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hopefully your have not destroyed your uploads folder content, static stylesheets(if any) or custom .htaccess ?
replytomk3

Post by replytomk3 »

Pierre M. wrote:
Hopefully your have not destroyed your uploads folder content, static stylesheets(if any) or custom .htaccess ?
http://mkrd.info/software-discussions/cms-made-simple/backin-up-and-restoring-cmsms.html

Return to “Announcements”