Roadmap for 0.12 and 1.0

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
westis

Roadmap for 0.12 and 1.0

Post by westis »

A lot of progress is going on with CMS Made Simple right now. We will also try to have shorter time between official releases.

To give you an idea of what will happen in the coming months the Development Team has agreed on a roadmap.

Click the link above or find the Roadmap link on the Main page.

Version 0.12 will have a beta version for testing available from early next week. We would be very happy if as many people as possible can test that version! That helps eliminating bugs before the stable release. Thanks!

0.12 has quite a few interesting changes and additions, that you can read about in the roadmap.

This is the big One-O release! If all goes well it will be out in April. Basically it will be 0.12 with some nice additions and with as few bugs as possible. By that time the documentation will also be closer to completion.

The 1.0 list is still subject to changes. If you have other feature requests that are not in the roadmap for 0.12 or 1.0, please post them in the Feature Requests forum and/or in the Feature Requests tracker in the Forge (requires registration). But if noone else is keen on working on those requests, they may not be considered until post-1.0.

But do know that we love feedback!! This is a community project that is developed by us all together. If something is good or bad, do let us know so that we can make this CMS even better!

And don't forget, we are always happy for more people for all kinds of tasks, from testing to coding and whatever may lay in between.

Themes site
There is also a themes site in development. There you will be able to download themes (templates and stylesheets), share your own themes and learn about doing design and layout for your CMSMS sites. When it is ready we will let you know. ;)

We hope and think that you will like what is to come.

;D

/The Development Team
Last edited by westis on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mesmer

Re: Roadmap for 0.12 and 1.0

Post by Mesmer »

This looks very promissing!
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Have read the roadmap but can't found someone for sqlite support  in future ??? ...
wishy wrote: Plus, part of my plam is to support SQLite so that people with PHP5 don't have to setup a database at all!
from here.

The standard AdoDB installation has a driver for sqlite. Piratos has made some tests - please look for the results. Babelfish or so other needed ...
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Sounds like there is still a decent amount of work to do before we're ready for sqlite.  I will talk with the others about getting it on the roadmap though.  Thanks.
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

The code wizard Piratos has created a speed version of CMSms with AdoDB light and full sqlite support. Please look here with Babelfish ...

This is registered as project named powerweb on CMSms Forge.
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

registered in the Forge
Ein neues CMSMS Forge Projekt wurde angemeldet/vorgeschlagen

Vollständiger Name des Projektes:  CMS LS (Lite and Speed)
Angegebene Beschreibung: The cmsms as a speed version
about 100% faster as the original
less memory in  use
faster in the admin section
working only with mysql, mysqli and sqlite
Lizenz: GNU General Public License (GPL)

Das CMSMS Forge-Admin-Team wird jetzt Ihre Projekt-Anmeldung
überprüfen. Sie werden über deren Entscheidung benachrichtigt.
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

want to re-create the wheel and submit a whole new version
1. The wheel is ready

2. It is not a whole new version,  only a few simple things in the cms are changed and i'm using adodb lite.

3. The result is ready for mysql, mysqli , sqlite  and the speed is ca. 100% faster and that all cost not so much memory.
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

i have no problems to make a standalone projekt here in the dev or elsewhere, based on cmsmadesimple.
Nexia

Post by Nexia »

The features being worked on for version 1.0 sound fantastic, they'll surely make this CMS shine.  I have two questions:

- Will the upcoming search feature be fully integrated and working with non-visible as well as visible content (such as pages and news modules)?

- Are you still on track for the ~April release do you think?

Looking very forward to the big update.  8)
q20060418

Post by q20060418 »

I really like version 0.12, but I miss a search box, so I quote Nexia's questions:  ;)

Will version 1.0 be released in April and, will it include search function?

Thanks!

Return to “Announcements”