Where are the locations from the templates stored?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
rinswind

Where are the locations from the templates stored?

Post by rinswind »

In a couple of days i will start with the big revamp from my site. There will be a couple of php scripts, some plain html pages and a bunch of other stuff. For future easy maintenance i would like to intergrate all the diffferent style sheets into one main stylesheet and a couple specific ones. All these stylesheets should be in the same sub directory structure (again for easy mantenance in the future). To do this i probably need to change a variables or some hard links in the code from CMSMS. At least if the authors don't mind. ;)
Ofcourse i could scan all the php files from CMSMS but since i am a lazy bastard i'd figured i just take the easy way and ask.  So in which files files are the links to the css files stored? And what are they called?

Here is a little example about what i am trying to do:
mysite.nl/cmsms/styles/blabla/x.css  + mysite.nl/somescript/bla/style/y.css =
mysite.nl/styles/sitestyle/xy.css or
mysite.nl/style/somescript.css + mysite.nl/style/cmsms.css

It's just about getting all different styles in one place.
cyberman

Re: Where are the locations from the templates stored?

Post by cyberman »

Please look at your database. It contains all (templates, css)  ;) ...
rinswind

Post by rinswind »

I am not quite sure about your answer, i took a look at my database and  i did find some tables with Css content. But it seems to me that the complete css is stored in the database and not the locations from the css files. So when i start moving over all the css files i do need to copy their content to the database or should i change the database entry so it will point to a specific file?

Database and php stuff is pretty new for me as i only concentrated on the css/html combination.
Any help would be apreciated.
Btw i am accessing the database with PhpMyAdmin.

Edit: it seems that my answer is in this post from piratos.
Last edited by rinswind on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
rinswind

Post by rinswind »

Patricia i think you are right about the beauty off cmsms using the database (i did read all the other posts in the mentioned thread). But there are two bumps in the road for my stituation.

1) There are more PHPscripts on my site and there are a lot of static html pages. And they all need to use the same css files because i am getting tired of making cool new css thingies and copying them all over the place to fullfill the needs from all the scripts and the satic pages while maintaining the look from the complete site.

2) As stated before i am not very good with php or database stuff. Which will slow down the rebuild from the site when i need to change all the different script-->css pointers in script-->DB pointers.

Finally i don't know if static html pages could get their css info from a database.  Probably i could use an php script to copy a css file to the database so the static pages could use the css file and the scripts could use the DB. But this involves more php than i am capable off at the moment. However that could be a nice future site update.
westis

Post by westis »

rinswind,

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you not using CMSMS for those pages?

You can also get all the stylesheets that are attached to a CMSMS template like this:
http://www.domain.org/stylesheet.php?templateid=id, where id is the id number of the template.
lemkepf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lemkepf »

We'll the beauty is the DB styles... but... when you create your template file, you can just hard code in there a link to the stylesheet. Simple and easy.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”