web MADE SIMPLE

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
peta

web MADE SIMPLE

Post by peta »

Hi

1. Menu on left site not work in my browser Firefox 1.5
2. I hardly find page with modules, because [1] ...
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/softwarema ... rm_cat=311
3. I like see at screenshoot of modules - galery, menu, ...
4. lt is too large image
headerimage - 70kb
5. forum have too much images, but B I U ... its nice, try doing smile as this as glass style

Peta
westis

Re: web MADE SIMPLE

Post by westis »

Thanks for your feedback, peta. Indeed there is a lot that needs to be done to make the CMSMS site itself accessible and usable. As your suggestions are about accessability and usability I've moved the topic to the new Accessability and usability forum.
peta wrote: 1. Menu on left site not work in my browser Firefox 1.5
That's weird. You mean the submenus on the CMSMS site? On all pages?
2. I hardly find page with modules, because [1] ...
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/softwarema ... rm_cat=311
Yeah, we need a way to make it easier for people to know where to download modules. The issue now is that we use GForge for the development of modules and tags, as well as translations and other development.

If one clicks on Development in the top menu there are links to modules, tags and translations in the Downloads section. But with the title "Development" for that link people may think that is onlt for developers.

Any ideas to how we can change that? Naming the link "Extensions and Translations" instead? But that is a bit too long...

And in general quite a lot of things need to be done to the forge, to make it easier to use for newbies. The idea with it is to make development easier and to have it all in one place. For that it is really great. But it should also be as easy as possible for users to download extensions.
3. I like see at screenshoot of modules - galery, menu, ...
Yeah, this would be nice, so that the user can get a preview of what a module is doing. However, it would require some hacking into the Gforge files to allow for that.
4. lt is too large image
headerimage - 70kb
Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed that myself. The size is now 16kb.
5. forum have too much images, but B I U ... its nice, try doing smile as this as glass style
Could you extend that a bit?

I will soon post a topic about what I think needs to be done to make the CMSMS site accessible and usable. Please comment and make suggestions!

:D

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”