TinyMCE - why not show thumbnails in filepicker?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
daymobrew
Forum Members
Forum Members

TinyMCE - why not show thumbnails in filepicker?

Post by daymobrew »

I am using CMSMS 1.5.1 with ImageUpload 0.1.2 (it creates thumbnail images).

In TinyMCE 2.4.5 when I insert an image and browse for the uploaded image, the thumbnail files are not displayed.
I can see the code in modules\TinyMCE\filepicker.php

Code: Select all

$d = dir($thisdir);
while ($entry = $d->read()) {
	if ($entry[0]==".") continue;
	if (substr($entry,0,6)=="thumb_") continue;
..snip..
Why are thumbnails skipped?

How do I insert thumbnails into my page? (I know I can add 'thumb_' to the url, but the site is maintained by people who are nervous around computers). The thumbnail will be a link to the full sized image.
Dr.CSS

Re: TinyMCE - why not show thumbnails in filepicker?

Post by Dr.CSS »

Are you using ImageUpload 0.1.2 just so your users can upload images then use them in pages, if so you can just use the upload/file picker in tiny, add it in the tiny admin...

Tiny may be looking for thumb_image.ext and it may be making them as image_thumb.ext, have you looked in the folder containing them to see and is it putting them in uploads/images or uploads/images/newfolder?...
daymobrew
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by daymobrew »

mark wrote:Are you using ImageUpload 0.1.2 just so your users can upload images then use them in pages, if so you can just use the upload/file picker in tiny, add it in the tiny admin...
I want to have access to thumbnails for use in the page, with a link to the full size image.
Where is the upload/file picker in Tiny? I see it mentioned in the TinyMCE module admin but not in the UI (nor do I see it listed in the plugins or in the TinyMCE docs on moviecode.com. It seems to say that [url=http://"http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:FAQ#How_can_I_upload_image_files_from_my_local_computer.3F"]uploading is not possible[/url].
mark wrote:Tiny may be looking for thumb_image.ext and it may be making them as image_thumb.ext, have you looked in the folder containing them to see and is it putting them in uploads/images or uploads/images/newfolder?...
The images are uploaded to image.ext with the thumbnail created as thumb_image.ext.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

The part in tiny admin that has a tick box, tick it on and then in tiny UI click the image of tree next to the anchor, this is where the file picker shows up...
daymobrew
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by daymobrew »

mark wrote: The part in tiny admin that has a tick box, tick it on and then in tiny UI click the image of tree next to the anchor, this is where the file picker shows up...
The Extensions/TinyMCE WYSIWYG dialogs have lots of check boxes.
Which tab is the one you are talking about and what is the text for the checkbox?

I do have "Allow upload and creating dirs in FilePicker" checked (Settings tab) but no tree button in the editor. Do I need to update the toolbar tab?
I don't see "FilePicker" in the [url=http://"http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Control_reference"]TinyMCE control reference[/url].
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

You should have this in the Toolbar tab...

Toolbar 2: bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,advhr,separator,bullist,numlist,separator,outdent,indent,separator,undo,redo,separator,customdropdown,cmslinker,link,unlink,anchor,image,charmap,cleanup,separator,forecolor,backcolor,separator,code,fullscreen,help

Do you see the one says image, that is the one that you look in for images, if you are looking for thumbs of the image itself it's not setup for it...

This tiny is configured for us by one of the developers so what you see at the link you sent may have nothing to do with it...
daymobrew
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by daymobrew »

mark wrote: You should have this in the Toolbar tab...
..snip..
Do you see the one says image, that is the one that you look in for images, if you are looking for thumbs of the image itself it's not setup for it...
Thanks for the image help - I had that button but didn't delve into its dialogs.

I really need to create thumbnails so I think that I will continue to use ImageUpload and I will hack TinyMCE to comment out the line I quoted in my original post.

I am still curious why thumbnails are skipped.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”