[SOLVED] TinyMCE not allowing the filepicker to work

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
WebbyMom

[SOLVED] TinyMCE not allowing the filepicker to work

Post by WebbyMom »

I have a weird situation. I have CMSMS 1.4.1 installed in two subdirectories of my hosting account. On one directory, when I try to insert a picture or a link to a file, and then click the URL button to navigate to the image or file, it works just fine. On the other directory, just freshly installed today (twice) with the same version of TinyMCE (2.4.5), it gives me a crazy "internal error" message whenever I hit the URL button to navigate the folders. I upgraded TinyMCE to 2.4.8, and still no help. I searched the forums as best I could, and couldn't find anything that would help me. I've deleted the entire database, deleted the entire newly-installed CMSMS directory, re-made the whole thing and re-uploaded and installed CMSMS, still not working.

In the first installation, I do not have "use static config file" checked, and it works fine. In the new installation, I can't even get TinyMCE to show up unless I have that option checked.  All other TinyMCE settings are exactly the same between the two folders.

The error I get is this:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@heinzone.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
-----------------------------
Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at heinzone.com Port 80
Does anyone know if this is a CMSMS or TinyMCE problem, or is this something my host needs to deal with? (I did do an online chat with some tech from my host today, but he wanted to know the "problematic URL" and I wasn't too happy about letting him into the control panel of my site, being as I have NO idea where he's from...I'll call them if that's the route I need to go.)

I checked the System Information and everything seemed good, here is a copy:

----------------------------------------------

Cms Version: 1.4.1

Installed Modules:

* CMSMailer: 1.73.14
    * FileManager: 0.4.1
    * MenuManager: 1.5.1
    * ModuleManager: 1.2.1
    * News: 2.8.2
    * nuSOAP: 1.0.1
    * Printing: 0.2.5
    * Search: 1.5.1
    * ThemeManager: 1.0.8
    * TinyMCE: 2.4.8
    * Album: 0.9.3

Config Information:

* php_memory_limit:
    * process_whole_template: true
    * max_upload_size: 64000000
    * default_upload_permission: 664
    * assume_mod_rewrite: false
    * page_extension:
    * internal_pretty_urls: false
    * use_hierarchy: false

Php Information:

* safe_mode: Off (False)
    * phpversion: 5.2.6
    * memory_limit: 64M
    * max_execution_time: 30
    * gd_version: 2
    * session_save_path: /tmp (1777)

Server Information:

* Server Api: cgi
    * Server Db Type: MySQL (mysql)
    * Server Db Version: 5.0.51a

----------------------------------------------

Any ideas or input would be most appreciated.
Last edited by WebbyMom on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holstead

Re: TinyMCE not allowing the filepicker to work

Post by holstead »

bump
Dee
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Dee »

WebbyMom wrote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Hello,

It's hard to tell what's going on without more information on the error, but this seems to happen more often
(see this and this post for example)

Do you have access to your server's error log?
Any messages?

Regards,
D
holstead

Post by holstead »

I'm on a shared linux host and can only see access logs from what I can tell. Of course this is the request thats bombing:

Code: Select all

72.205.209.250 - - [23/Nov/2008:07:05:41 -0800] "GET /new/modules/TinyMCE/filepicker.php?type=image HTTP/1.1" 500 - "http://*****.com/new/admin/editcontent.php?content_id=15&page=" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.3.154.9 Safari/525.19"
I'll look more around FTP and cpanel for error logs.
holstead

Post by holstead »

Aha! Found it in cpanel. I've seen this before. Has something to do with whitespace before and after tags:
[Sun Nov 23 06:18:59 2008] [error] [client 72.205.209.250] Premature end of script headers: /home/capit45/public_html/new/modules/TinyMCE/filepicker.php
SoftException in Application.cpp:544: Directory "/home/capit45/public_html/new/modules" is writeable by group
[Sun Nov 23 06:18:24 2008] [error] [client 72.205.209.250] File does not exist: /home/capit45/public_html/500.shtml
[Sun Nov 23 06:18:24 2008] [error] [client 72.205.209.250] Premature end of script headers: /home/capit45/public_html/new/modules/TinyMCE/filepicker.php
SoftException in Application.cpp:544: Directory "/home/capit45/public_html/new/modules" is writeable by group
[Sun Nov 23 06:18:18 2008] [error] [client 72.205.209.250] File does not exist: /home/capit45/public_html/500.shtml
[Sun Nov 23 06:18:18 2008] [error] [client 72.205.209.250] Premature end of script headers: /home/capit45/public_html/new/modules/TinyMCE/stylesheet.php
holstead

Post by holstead »

I was wrong. Looking back at the error log it said /modules directory is writable by group. Sure enough it was 777. I changed it to 755 and the image picker works now.
WebbyMom

Post by WebbyMom »

;D Thank you SO much. It worked on my end as well to change the permission to 755 for that folder. I appreciate the help!
reidjazz

Post by reidjazz »

holstead wrote: I was wrong. Looking back at the error log it said /modules directory is writable by group. Sure enough it was 777. I changed it to 755 and the image picker works now.
Unfortunately, this did NOT work on my setup (CMSMS 1.4.1 & TinyMCE 2.4.8 on a Linux Server running Apache 2)...I still get an internal error on both the imagepicker and when I try to pick a URL. Below is the exact error message;
Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@margamakeup.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at margamakeup.com Port 80
I was able to get FCKeditorX to work, but much prefer TinyMCE.

Any other ideas?
reidjazz

Update: no change with CMSMS 1.5 and TinyMCE 2.4.9
Last edited by reidjazz on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reidjazz

Re: [SOLVED] TinyMCE not allowing the filepicker to work

Post by reidjazz »

OK, I discovered from my server error logs that the TinyMCE file filepicker.php was set to group permissions...I set it to chmod 744 and now all is good.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”