assigning stylesheet to navigation

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
mikael

assigning stylesheet to navigation

Post by mikael »

It´s seems like a fundamental question, but I just can´t get it to work.

I want to use the Ellnav, so i put in {cms_module module='EllNav' horizontal=1 toponly=1} in my template and assign 'Layout EllNav H Only 1C' to it.

In fact, it doesn´t matter wich stylesheet I assign, it just won´t show any different.

Please help me - the deadline is already crossed... / Mike
westis

Re: assigning stylesheet to navigation

Post by westis »

Hi Mike,

The EllNav style is set in the stylesheets Nav-Horizontal (for the horizontal part) and Nav-Vertical (if you also use the vertical sub-navigation). Make sure one or both of these is attached to your template and change the style as you wish.

The Layout stylesheets are only for the layout of the page. I assume from what you write that you use the default stylesheets that come with CMSMS 0.11.x.

What is your url? It's always easier to help if looking at the url and seeing what html code that is output and what css is used.

:D
Mikael

Post by Mikael »

http://flowerflash.se.loopiadns.com/index.php

what should I do then? There is no tutorial for this and I am getting confused..
westis

Post by westis »

Hej Mikael,

Snygg sida! (Nice page)

The Swedes are showing up here one after another, but as we still don't have a Swedish forum I'll take the answer in English. :)

The CSS in the Nav-Horizontal stylesheet has div#menu_horiz to style the elements. That means the menu code is wrapped in a div with the id menu_horiz (). But your template doesn't have any wrapping div, so the CSS is therefore not recognized.

You could either wrap the menu tag like I wrote above, or you could change the CSS in your stylesheet according to the CSS hierarchy that is used in your template.

The first option would make your code in the template look like this:

Code: Select all

<div id="menu_horiz">
      {cms_module module='EllNav' horizontal=1 toponly=1} 
</div>
The second option would be to replace div#menu_horiz in the stylesheet with td.bg_menu as your menu is wrapped in a table with the bg_menu class for the tag.

Sorry if I may sound a bit confusing, it's getting late in Sweden now... ;)

You can find me on MSN (find it in my profile) for a few more minutes if you need more help.

Godnatt!
/Daniel

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”