Problems with TinyMCE still exist with 1.4

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
Edi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Problems with TinyMCE still exist with 1.4

Post by Edi »

The poblems began with CMSMS 1.3.1 and TinyMCE 2.4.0 and still exist with CMSMS 1.4 and TinyMCE 2.4.4:

1) the menu "insert link to cms-page" does not allow scrolling which becomes a problem if there are 20, 30 or so pages,
2) cut and paste does not allow to copy foramtting information like bold, italic etc.

My solution: deinstall TinyMCE 2.4.4 and install TinyMCE 2.2.7.

I hope this problems can be solved in the near future...
faglork

Re: Problems with TinyMCE still exist with 1.4

Post by faglork »

Hi,

what Browser/Version do you use? And which Admin Theme?
I use Firefox 3 /NCleanGrey  and don't see those problems.

hth,
Alex
Last edited by faglork on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Edi »

faglork wrote: what Browser/Version do you use? And which Admin Theme?
I use Firefox 3 /NCleanGrey  and don't see those problems.
I tried IE 7 and Firefox 3, Administration Theme default and NCleanGrey.

In WYSIWYG on it is not possible to copy and paste for example a word in italic in the editor field  (to move a part etc.). It is pasted as word without italic.

It is also not possible to scroll the menu to link with a page. The navigation works only with the cursor. If a list has more than 20 or so pages some cannot be selected.
Last edited by Edi on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minneapolis_dan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by minneapolis_dan »

Also, it seems as though I can't link to certain pages now, within CMSMS, if these pages contain subcategories or 'children'. For example, I try to link to a "services" page, but it will only let me link to the pages within this 'services' section. I'm using Firefox 3 on the Mac.
faglork

Post by faglork »

Edi wrote:
I tried IE 7 and Firefox 3, Administration Theme default and NCleanGrey.

In WYSIWYG on it is not possible to copy and paste for example a word in italic in the editor field  (to move a part etc.). It is pasted as word without italic.
This is an option in the TinyMCE config pages.
Edi wrote: It is also not possible to scroll the menu to link with a page. The navigation works only with the cursor. If a list has more than 20 or so pages some cannot be selected.
Not sure about this one. When I cklick "insert CMS link" I get a floating menue instead of a simple list.

Cheers,
Alex
Edi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Edi »

faglork wrote: This is an option in the TinyMCE config pages.
Thank you for the hint! I found it...
Not sure about this one. When I cklick "insert CMS link" I get a floating menue instead of a simple list.
What do you mean with floating menu?

I add a screenshot of my configuration.

Edi

hexdj
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by hexdj »

Yet another issue...
this I have been experiencing in the last few versions of Tiny:

I have a page that loads a custom script and it works fine if I paste my HTML into the tiny window with WYSIWYG turned off, but if I go and edit as much as a single word in WYSIWYG or just by even turning it on, my script stops working. I have to re paste my HTML (which I save in an external file for this reason) into the Tiny window with WYSIWYG turned off.

Has anybody else come across this annoying bug?
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cb2004 »

I have. Very annoying especially for modules like Custom Content.
faglork

Post by faglork »

Me too.

Trouble is, it even breaks simple things like

Code: Select all

{news number="5"}
which gets transformed to

Code: Select all

<p>{news number="5"}</p>
Total bummer!

Alex
alby

Post by alby »

Edi wrote: What do you mean with floating menu?

I add a screenshot of my configuration.
Upgrade to 1.4.1

Alby
alby

Post by alby »

hexdj wrote: I have a page that loads a custom script and it works fine if I paste my HTML into the tiny window with WYSIWYG turned off, but if I go and edit as much as a single word in WYSIWYG or just by even turning it on, my script stops working.
WYSIWYG is evil with programming code.
My advice is go out logic, if is possible, from content and put in template

Alby
faglork

Post by faglork »

alby wrote: My advice is go out logic, if is possible, from content and put in template
Yeah, if possible. But even simple things like adding an album won't work anymore. I really can't tell my clients to edit templates, god forbid. And using a different template for each and every album/GoogleMap/whatever just makes no sense.

With FCK it was possible, so why not with Tiny? There should be a way.

Cheers,
Alex
hexdj
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by hexdj »

I looked at the code Tiny generated after I hit Apply or Submit (in WYSIWYG mode) and it turns out it just out of the blue decides to take out events like onsubmit="" and onchange="" but it does leave others behind like onkeyup=""

I asked Silmarillion who is the developer of the module but he doesn't know why this is happening, would be nice to find a solution for this, as it is everytime I have to change a word in a custom form I have on my page I have to edit it in Dreamweaver (this way I can view WYSIWYG) and then copy the code and paste into Tiny (with wysiwyg mode off of course)
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

To use code in tiny, not tags, go to user preferences check use no editor, then go to page and add code and submit, then change preferences back for all other editing, don't open page again till you change the preferences to no wysiwyg or it will strip/screw with your code...

When adding a tag, click in tiny window if the path at bottom says P then hit backspace/delete till path say nothing then add tag and submit, or add after toggling wysiwyg off...
faglork

Post by faglork »

mark wrote: To use code in tiny, not tags,
Problems are the tags, not the code. Users can't add tags anymore ... so they can't put in a new album or sth. like that.

Cheeers,
Alex

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”