Announcing Another E-Commerce Suite for CMS 1.2.x

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Announcing Another E-Commerce Suite for CMS 1.2.x

Post by calguy1000 »

The following addon modules have been released for CMS 1.2.x that combined together should form a feature full, integrated, and well working e-commerce solution for many different websites.  These modules Are:

Products
  - A module for managing multiple products
  - This module provides a way to collect, organize, and display information about products and their categories. 
    This module can stand on its own, or be part of an e-commerce solution if you wish.  The module supports a
    product  existing in more than one category, supports product weight, price, and attribute sets.  Each item in an
    attribute set can have a price  adjustment.  Also a global flag indicates wether the product is 'taxable' or
    not.
  [edit: line removed]
  -  Features:
    = Numerous Views
        + Summary view
        + Category List View
        + Detail view
        + Hierarchy Drill-down View
    = Entirely Database Template Driven
        + Numerous templates of each type can be defined, defaults specified for each type, and the template used
            for each particular view can be specified as a parameter
    = Sorting and pagination in the summary view
    = Products can exist in multiple categories<
    = Numerous custom fields can be defined, including images
    = Automatic thumbnail creation
    = Admin defined fields
        + Product attributes (including price adjustment)
        + Weight and taxable fields (for use in e-commerce solutions)
        + Products can have a status (published or draft) in order to hide products from public display at any time
    = Pretty URL Support
    [begin edit]
    = Custom fields
        Text Area, Text Field, Dropdown, Checkbox, File and Image Types.  Numerous instances of each type of field
        can be defined, and you can fill none/any, or all of them in for a particular product.
    [end edit]
    = More...

Cart
  - A module that works with the Products module to keep track of the objects in a users cart, and the total of
    the order.
  - Features:
    = Supports quantities
    = Supports selecting product attributes
    = Supports weights
    = Interfaces with Products module for product prices, weight, and product attributes
    = More...

Orders
  - A module that works with the Products and Cart, and FrontEndUsers module to allow placing orders, and
    tracking orders, and remembering users order details
  - Requires the FrontEndUsers module

FRShipping
  - A module that works with the Cart module and allows determining shipping prices based on total order weight

FRTaxes
  - A module that works with the Products module and allows determining flat rate taxes.

Warehouse_taxes
  - A module that works with the Products module that allows determining tax rates based on the shipping source

PaypalGateway
  - A module that works with the Orders module to allow processing payments through paypal.

Note:  ALL of these modules require CMS 1.2.x or better (1.2.4 is your best bet) and ALL of these modules require the CGExtensions module.

These modules were written by Ted and myself, and have been sponsored (to date) by a few very generous CMS fans that wanted the functionality, wanted it to work well, integrate with cms made simple, and be consistent with the other modules that are available.

These modules do not comprise a complete solution to provide a complete shop site like oscommerce or zencart are intended to do, but they are in my opinion very powerful, and will comprise a great solution for many sites that don't have many prodocuts to sell, but want a convenient, flexibible, customizable and easily stylable solution to integrate into the rest of their site.

These modules were 'pay for development', and other than bugfixes, they will remain that way.... so if there is a feature that you require for a client, or for your personal website, you may want to consider sponsoring one of us to add this feature to this suite for yourself and everybody else to make use of.

Enjoy.

And Please:  File bug reports into the forge, and not into the forum.
Last edited by calguy1000 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Announcing Another E-Commerce Suite for CMS 1.2.x

Post by calguy1000 »

Oh, and FYI.

Thanks to another (yet to be named) project sponsor, Ted is working on yet more enhancements to the above mentioned e-commerce suites.  Try it out, thanks to an active sponsor community, things are happening quickly.  Everybody owes our sponsors a whole world of thanks, and it doesn't matter which modules you use.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Nullig
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Nullig »

WOW!!!

That is an incredible package. I'm sure a number of CMSMS users will benefit.

Many, many thanks to both you and Ted, along with the sponsors.

Nullig
cubix
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cubix »

[me=cubix]thanks sponsors and devs :D[/me]

i wonder if some credit is due for sponsors (depending if they wish to be named) ? maybe a link page? forge? something?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

already working on it :)
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
cubix
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cubix »

thank you for the realease calguy, i started on the products module about a month ago (from the SVN)

have gotten some pretty good results to date, if you like i can show you once i finish.

i dont need the cart or anything else, so the fact that the products module works as a stand alone module is fantastic. i am building a site for a tyre (tire for americans) company. have categories that drill down for type and brand. an admin edited star rating system, brand logos etc..

for each category i have used a seperate page which allows me to add a description for the category, for example i can give info about a tyre brand, then users can drill down to their tyre size.

need to sort something out for locating the best tyre (searching by size etc..) but that shouldn't be too hard, just have to work around the fact that custom fields arn't passed to the summary template. (maybe i could contribute towards this functionality, there was a fix for companydirectory which may work)

anyway, great work!
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Yes, Products exports the custom fields on the summary display.  I just checked it, it's there.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

For the curious, I originally wrote up a document on how to get this all going.  It's very alpha, but should at least help people get started.  It still needs some cleanup, but time is short at the moment.  You can find it here.
Caesonia

Post by Caesonia »

calguy1000 wrote: Oh, and FYI.

Thanks to another (yet to be named) project sponsor, Ted is working on yet more enhancements to the above mentioned e-commerce suites.  Try it out, thanks to an active sponsor community, things are happening quickly.  Everybody owes our sponsors a whole world of thanks, and it doesn't matter which modules you use.

As I told duke, generally once I try something and if it works, I happily donate. I might change my rules, since so much of what you have done is so workable. I want to try this on a site I am rebuilding from the first one I made for them ( with its own CMS system I designed-much inferior :-))) and if I see some additional functionality needs, I will certainly come to you guys with a donation in hand.

As always keep up the good work.

Hope to have some time myself soon to develop the forum part. Make it a little less simple.
pixelita
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by pixelita »

This is excellent news.  CMSMS moves closer to being a turnkey solution for so many of my clients.  I have hit the wishy paypal link a few times and plan to keep doing so, donating a percentage of my fees for each CMSMS site that we do to spur the devs on to do what they do best!  {{hugs to all you guys}}

Now I'm off to download and play with the toys.
Submit your site to the We Love CMSMS showcase
JackSpratt

Post by JackSpratt »

Been developing a site using CMSMS for a few months now and very pleased with it.  Came along today to see if there was an e-commerce module to handle a fairly simple product range, and would like to take a look at this one - but where do I download the module from ?

Thanks.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

It's not one module, it's a auite of modules that all work together... but that you can plug/and play with as your needs require.

See the first post.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
JackSpratt

Post by JackSpratt »

Many thanks Calguy.
Maarten
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Maarten »

Fantastic, I' m going to test it right away!
Maarten
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Maarten »

I wanted to use it as a kind of quote module (for a floor company where the customer chooses the size of the floor and extras and that request is mailed to the store owner) that is not possible with possible with these modules as far as I see or is it?
Last edited by Maarten on Tue May 13, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements”