Fundraising (Stopped) for finishing the Cart/Shop Made Simple modules

A place to make for-pay "CMS made simple" job offerings
Duketown

Fundraising (Stopped) for finishing the Cart/Shop Made Simple modules

Post by Duketown »

Hi all,

As you might know, there are a couple of ecommerce solutions for CMSMS. I'm a member of the development team for the modules Shop Made Simple, Cart Made Simple and Payments Made Simple.
There has been done great work until now on the first two modules. Building a solution to enable a shopping solution for CMSMS takes time. We would like to see that you are appreciating that we are working on the mentioned modules.
I have prepared a funding project at: https://www.fundable.com/groupactions/groupaction.2008-04-03.6220586319.
Take a look at the project. Pledge a little money now, so you can have fully integrated modules for your webshop.

Please support the development team,
Lahuindai, Aln_cms, Duketown
Last edited by Duketown on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duketown

Re: Fundraising for finishing the Cart/Shop Made Simple modules

Post by Duketown »

No one ???
Not even a remark?

Duketown
tbuzz88
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by tbuzz88 »

I was bitterly dissapointed by the forums lack of action when Calguys Module was put up to donations, but after a while I came to the following conclusion. The main problem with an ecommerce module is that people need to see it to know it is exactly what they need. How many of us have read the specs to a web app and thought perfect... then found out that it was a crock of **** that was barely useable. When you add an open source enviroment then it is even harder to trust your requirements will be met and it goes against what many consider to be the open source way.

I am personally happy to donate to a project of this kind but a vast majority will not be (if possible when I tried to donate I got "API access is disabled for this account"). I feel the only way forward for modules that require the develpoers to be compensated is to release the module with a ransom. Basically make the module available for people that donate until the 'ransom' is reached and then release it to all.

Please don't be discouraged by a lack of support, keep up the good work and try thinking of alternative funding possibilities. I am sure that support for an actual release would be quick to come.

Tim
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

Tim,

Thanks for this remark. It sure means a lot to me, since I really understand the situation that potential users are in. You are right in 'pay for what you get' in stead of 'pay for what you read'.
I, I'm not speaking of the other developers in the team, just needed a remark as you did to keep me going.

Duketown

PS. Other remarks are welcome as well offcourse.
cubix
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cubix »

hang in there buddy, im sure your doing a great job!! :P
jd

Post by jd »

Hi,

I wish to contribute, but I don't have a paypal.... in Bulgaria things are a bit trickier to setup paypal with.
but when i manage to set one, count me in! ;)
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

Thanks JD,

The fact that you think about it, is already important to me.
applejack
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by applejack »

Where can I see a detailed specification of the modules. I am more than happy to contribute some ideas.

Website Design & Production
http://www.applejack.co.uk
Caesonia

Post by Caesonia »

duketown wrote: No one ???
Not even a remark?

Duketown
Duketown, I think that what you are experiencing is some what is mentioned above. I personally, am a big supporter of OS software, and I will donate to different products. While I understand the concerns of commercial providers, I also have been burned. I have reached the point that if I can't trial a piece of software, in its full functionality, I won't buy it. The fact is, most people don;t mind paying for things that do what theya re designed to do well.

So, now OS software generally gets more of my money. I try it, use it, and donate to it.

If you have people who have worked with your modules before, they might feel more inclined to donate early. Alas, until then, its 'buyer beware.'
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

Ok, heared the message of the replyers. Thanks for the thoughts given. I have made up my mind and cancelled the fundraising. That doesn't mean I stop with development.

Duketown

Return to “Help Wanted (commercial)”