Minor bug in News category and suggestion for improvement

For problem reports, and discussions about the CMSMS 2.2 beta.

This board will be locked once CMSMS 2.2 is officially released.
esmiran

Minor bug in News category and suggestion for improvement

Post by esmiran »

I do not show a list of categories but I call them by their name.
If I use national alphabet characters such as "Personální" in category name, then {News category="Personální"} correctly displays the news from this category, but the category name is misspelled. {$category_label} in the template returns "Personální".
If I find the category ID, then I use {News category_id="7"} so the category label is displayed in order.

I have suggestions for minor improvement. Can you pop up the News category ID in the admin interface - Settings - News module, to be easily found?
It is better to use {News category_id=} than category=, because the category name can be changed but the ID is not.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Minor bug in News category and suggestion for improvemen

Post by calguy1000 »

This is why you shouldn't call modules from within WYSIWYG areas. You are mixing design with content. Disable the WYSIWYG for that content block or that content page.

WRT changing the News module to include the id... though trivial, it is too late in the development cycle to worry about that. We'll consider it for another release.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
esmiran

Post by esmiran »

Okay, if I turn off WYSIWYG I can see where the problem is.
But my page has a mix of types: first some formatted text with a picture and then some category of news. So the only solution is to first edit WYSIWYG and then shut it down and fix bugs in national characters?
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Better introduce some additional content blocks in your page template; e.g.

Code: Select all

{content}
{content block=newscat assign=newscat oneline=true label='news category'}
{news category=$newscat}

Return to “[locked] CMSMS 2.2 Beta”