Content Manager - Bulk Operations

For problem reports, and discussions about the CMSMS 2.2 beta.

This board will be locked once CMSMS 2.2 is officially released.
milehigh

Content Manager - Bulk Operations

Post by milehigh »

A parameter required for this action was missing or invalid.

To reproduce:
I was working with a new theme so I wanted to change all the content of the sample template to a new design and theme.

If you use the SELECT ALL checkbox then try to do a bulk action, the parameter required message displays.

If you check all the boxes individually, bulk content operations work normally.

So, with a fresh install with sample content, the only way I can change the design was to expand all on the content manager then click the 40 or so individual checkboxes.
deactivated010521

Re: Content Manager - Bulk Operations

Post by deactivated010521 »

Are you testing with CMSMS 2.2-beta2? On this version it works for me.
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

I am on 2.2 beta2.

After I individually set all the templates as I described and did a few other page/template edits...I tried the same bulk action and it worked fine, now I can't repeat it.

Later today, I'll redo the fresh install with the sample content and see if I can reproduce again.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

tested.... worked fine here.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Rolf »

Can not reproduce this in 2.2beta2, works like expected...
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

I just did a fresh install and was able to duplicate again. Here's a quick video...I can reproduce when I expand all sections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7pJGT3-Ws
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

Ok..more additional information. If I have a lot of sections, I get the "A parameter required for this action was missing or invalid."

In CMSContentManager action.admin_multicontent.php Line 60, $multicontent comes across as null if I have a lot of sections. If I delete a few, it works.

If I delete a couple sections, it works normally, if I add a couple back in, I get that error. I can repeat on Chrome and FF.

So...here is my params array with 29 sections:

Code: Select all

Array
(
    [multiaction] => core::setdesign
    [action] => admin_multicontent
)
If I delete one section, I get this

Code: Select all

Array
(
    [multicontent] => 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
    [multiaction] => core::setdesign
    [action] => admin_multicontent
)
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

I just tested this with ~46 active pages and had no difficulty. On an ubuntu 14.04 server running PHP 5.6.

Also note that this functionality really hasn't changed much since 2.0 (minor corrections here and there).

The list of pages is encoded so that it can be transmitted easily on the URL.

If on your setup it works if you select 28 pages, but not 29 pages then it looks like it's more of a server related issue. I would make sure your error reporting is turned up, and that error logging is enabled, and look at your error logs.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS 2.2 Beta”