[fixed] manifest cannot be larger than 100 MB

For problem reports, and discussions about the CMSMS 2.2 beta.

This board will be locked once CMSMS 2.2 is officially released.
deactivated010521

[fixed] manifest cannot be larger than 100 MB

Post by deactivated010521 »

Tried to upgrade from CMSMS 2.1.6 but the installer did not work. Did not dig into this deeply but found some errors in the apache error logs. I am running: PHP 7.0.15-0ubuntu0.16.04.4 (cli) ( NTS )

Code: Select all

[Sat Mar 11 16:14:57.722942 2017] [:error] [pid 5593] [client 192.168.2.16:52756] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PharException: manifest cannot be larger than 100 MB in phar "/mnt/raid/web/cmsmsv2/public/cmsms-2.2-beta1-install.php" in /mnt/raid/web/cmsmsv2/public/cmsms-2.2-beta1-install.php:9\nStack trace:\n#0 /mnt/raid/web/cmsmsv2/public/cmsms-2.2-beta1-install.php(9): Phar::webPhar(NULL, 'index.php')\n#1 {main}\n  thrown in /mnt/raid/web/cmsmsv2/public/cmsms-2.2-beta1-install.php on line 9
If you need more info let me know.

Can I follow along on the cmsms trunk branch? : http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/listin ... 3be466fa8a
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: manifest cannot be larger than 100 MB

Post by calguy1000 »

The entire phar file is just around 5mb. so this smells like a PHP problem.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

some quick googling tells us that this is an issue with a corrupt file.

Since the same binaries have worked for others, and tested by us... it seems you had a problem with downloading or uploading the binary image.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
deactivated010521

I did a fresh CMSMS 2.1.6 installation that succeeded. After I started the installer for beta-1 the first few steps went fine but I got stuck on: Step 7 extracting files.

The installer stopped at:
Cleaning files that are no longer applicable to the release

Nothing appeared in the error logs.

The manifest error can be ignored. I will look further into the problems completing Step 7.

ad1) A fresh beta-1 installation without upgrade went fine.
deactivated010521

Based on revission 11146 (http://svn.cmsmadesimple.org/svn/cmsmad ... unk/build/) I executed makebuild.sh to make a new installer.

With this self created version I was able to update a CMSMS 2.1.6 to CMSMS 2.2-beta-1

Although I have full read/write persmissions I spotted the following warnings:

Code: Select all

problem removing directory: /mnt/raid/web/cmsms/public/lib/adodb_lite/adodbSQL_drivers/mysqli

problem removing directory: /mnt/raid/web/cmsms/public/lib/adodb_lite/adodbSQL_drivers/mysql

problem removing directory: /mnt/raid/web/cmsms/public/lib/adodb_lite/adodbSQL_drivers

problem removing directory: /mnt/raid/web/cmsms/public/lib/adodb_lite/generic_modules

problem removing directory: /mnt/raid/web/cmsms/public/lib/adodb_lite/lang

problem removing directory: /mnt/raid/web/cmsms/public/lib/adodb_lite

problem removing directory: /mnt/raid/web/cmsms/public/modules/MicroTiny/lib/js/tinymce/plugins/cmsms_filebrowser
In the end I removed these by hand.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

The issue of failing at step 7 in an upgrade has been resolved.

It was a problem with a bad manifest file in the release.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Based on revission 11146 (http://svn.cmsmadesimple.org/svn/cmsmad ... unk/build/) I executed makebuild.sh to make a new installer.
That's not the proper way to make an installer from svn. The proper script is in phar_installer/build.

Thanks... I've removed those scripts that haven't been used forever and/or are broken for 2.x

Anyways.

WRT the phar installer, I fixed the rmdir problem.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
deactivated010521

Re: [fixed] manifest cannot be larger than 100 MB

Confirmed fix while testing Revision: 11155

I did not spot any warnings anymore, "rmdir lib/adobs_lite/*" and others went fine.

Thank you for pointing me to the correct build scripts.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS 2.2 Beta”