[fixed] Export of a design with an internal link

Forum rules
Only administrators can post or move items here.
archeo
Forum Members
Forum Members

[fixed] Export of a design with an internal link

Post by archeo »

I try to export a design with internal link in a template

<a href="{cms_selflink href="dernieres-pages-mises-a-jour"}" >>> </a>

The alias dernieres-pages-mises-a-jour exist

A warning message appears and the export fails:

An error occurred parsing the stylesheets, and/or templates of the design. The url dernieres-pages-mises-a-jour could not be located as a physical file. This probably indicates that the template and/or stylesheets of this theme are using advanced logic that the design manager cannot process.

I make a mistake in writing the link?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Export of a design with an internal link

Post by calguy1000 »

While it is technically an error. and I will look into it. I don't know (thinking out loud) if exporting a design with hardcoded aliases is a good idea. Probably this design is not one suitable for sharing.

I am particularly thinking that the idea of exporting a design is so that it can be re-used on different websites. Hardcoding links and aliases into the design isn't very user-friendly or re-usable. Other than maybe a link to the designers website.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
archeo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Export of a design with an internal link

Post by archeo »

calguy1000 wrote: I am particularly thinking that the idea of exporting a design is so that it can be re-used on different websites. Hardcoding links and aliases into the design isn't very user-friendly or re-usable. Other than maybe a link to the designers website.
I agree with you. I discover this when testing Theme manager compatiblity. It exports themes with internal link
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: [open] Export of a design with an internal link

Post by calguy1000 »

I fixed this a couple of days ago, I think.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Closed Issues”