[fixed] Permissions during installation

Forum rules
Only administrators can post or move items here.
tamsrud
Forum Members
Forum Members

[fixed] Permissions during installation

Post by tamsrud »

In the installation, during pre-checks, it gave me an error that not all folders were writable. This is because I have a folder named "stats" that is generated by ISPConfig that I am using. This folder is protected, but also not used by CMSMS.

Only workaroud for my was to chmod the folder with SSH.

All sites on my server has this folder as default, and has never been any problem to CMSMS v1.X installs.

Is it realy required to have write access to all subfolders, even those CMSMS v2 never uses?
swgreed

Re: Permissions during installation

Post by swgreed »

If you got multiple webhoster-specific folders in your root directory (so do I), maybe it's worth a thought to install cmsms in its own subdirectory. Otherwise things might get mixed up easily...
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Permissions during installation

Post by calguy1000 »

I have changed the intallation assistant so that
a: Any FILES in the installation directory itself must be writeable by the php process.
b: All FILES and directories within a preset list of directories off of the root (lib,modules,admin,plugins etc). must also be writable.

This should solve problems like the stats directory etc. but still cover 90%+ of the cases where permissions are screwed up and allow you to still install without error.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Closed Issues”