[fixed] Upgrade issues with default admin user

Forum rules
Only administrators can post or move items here.
zigge
Forum Members
Forum Members

[fixed] Upgrade issues with default admin user

Post by zigge »

Allright. Skipped my provider and are running tests on my own linux server, using a copy of my working site, running cmsms 1.11.10.

Upgrade goes well, but when done, my site only shows "oops!"

Logging into admin, I am missing ALOT of section(have a new install of 2.0 in parallell).

I only have CMS, Content and Layout. No Site Admin, Extensions, User Management etc.

Almost like my admin user is not corretly recognized as admin user.

Tried to remove all third party modules before upgrade, but no difference.

Also, I cannot alter any pages under Content. Template on all pages showing '** ERROR **"

Going to Design Manager gives following errors:

Notice: Undefined variable: templates in /var/www/skkdev/modules/DesignManager/action.defaultadmin.php on line 97

Notice: Undefined variable: templates in /var/www/skkdev/modules/DesignManager/action.defaultadmin.php on line 191

As said, a new beta install on the sam server works flawless.
Last edited by zigge on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
zigge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Upgrade does not really work....

Post by zigge »

Allright, further troubleshooting done.

Before upgrade, created a new user 'admin' with Admin role. My default admin user had different name, so just to rule out name issues, I did this.

Upgraded.

Logged in in admin with my default user, only limited options with lot of errores.

Logged out and logged in with my new 'admin' user, and now I have alot more in the admin panel.

However, under User management, there is no groups anymore. This could be the reason for my default admin user does not work.

I conclude that groups are not migrated properly, and CMSMS looks for user 'admin' if no groups are found.

Further investigation will follow
zigge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Upgrade issues with default admin user

Post by zigge »

And debug shows:
(mysqli): SELECT group_id, group_name, group_desc, active FROM cms_groups ORDER BY group_id
Error (1054): Unknown column 'group_desc' in 'field list'

So it seems that a column is supposed to be added during upgrade but have not been done.

Adding column manually, and groups shows up. However, my default admin user(with different name than admin, that was created back in the ol' 1.7 days...), is still not working.
zigge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by zigge »

Further investigation after tracing SQL statements, shows that:

- A clean install do an ALTER TABLE on table 'groups' adding a group_desc field.

- An upgrade does NOT do an ALTER TABLE on table 'groups'.

Checking out latest version from SVN and going through the upgrade sources, there is no ALTER TABLE on that table. This I would consider a bug, and can easily be missed if your default user is called 'admin', but as in my case, where defalt admin had a different name, permissions when bananas.

This is one of the issues I have found. I still have tonnes of other issues, with next beeing tracing why the relations between stuff are not beeing updated corectly. An upgrade leaves the 'layout_tplassoc' table completly empty.

Thing is, the upgrade does not show ANY errors during upgrade. Nor do I get any bas SQL statements during upgrade in MySQL log. Seems that some things are missing.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

that's already been fixed, and will be included with the upcoming beta 2
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Closed Issues”