Required php versioon

Forum rules
Only administrators can post or move items here.
virgo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Required php versioon

Post by virgo »

In announcement it was said, that CMSMS 2.0 Beta requires php 5.4. But in reality it requires php 5.4.11. Any particular reason for requiring specific minor version? Debian Wheezy has version 5.4.4.
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Required php versioon

Post by Jo Morg »

README.TXT wrote:(...)
Requirements:
-------------------
1. The installation assitant requires a PHP environment with a minimum version of PHP 5.4.0.
2. For new installations of CMS Made Simple you should create a new mysql database and database user. The database user
must have ALL PRIVILEGES to all tables within the new database.
3. CMS Made Simple itself requires at least PHP 5.4.11 with numerous libraries enabled (the install assistant will
check for these) including json, tokenizer, xml, and gd.
(...)
I looked at the announcement and didn't see anything stating that CMSMS 2.0 would require PHP 5.4...

As to the why, I'll leave that to someone with more knowledge than me. :)
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
virgo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by virgo »

Jo Morg wrote:I looked at the announcement and didn't see anything stating that CMSMS 2.0 would require PHP 5.4...
In the part about installation there was:
"If your web environment supports a fairly standard version of PHP 5.4 (subject to change) then you should have few problems running the installer." And since it is only place mentioning it I just assumed that it applies to entire CMSMS 2.0.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

It's quite simple. php 5.4.11 fixed some serious bugs that would have a direct effect on CMSMS.

- Errors in UDT's would cause 500 errors rather than generating a return code and a printable error.
- Fixes related to json_decode
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
virgo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by virgo »

calguy1000 wrote: - Errors in UDT's would cause 500 errors rather than generating a return code and a printable error.
If it is https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43177 then that bug seems to be fixed in Debians php.
calguy1000 wrote: - Fixes related to json_decode
But https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=63737 is still there - so there is that. But at least it is good to know the reason.

Return to “Closed Issues”