[closed] Need gcb to new template system notes

Forum rules
Only administrators can post or move items here.
moorezilla
Forum Members
Forum Members

[closed] Need gcb to new template system notes

Post by moorezilla »

I know that gcb's need attention upon upgrading to 2.0, but I'm not sure where the necessary changes are detailed. Once I have those sorted, I'll finish an upgrade. I didn't see them in the help. Perhaps they're somewhere else for the beta?

My experience with other aspects of the upgrade has been great so far:

Went from 1.11.10 to 2.0 Beta 1. Just copied existing cmsms install to a new directory and copied existing cmsms database to new database name and edited copied config.php to use new database and directory path. Wget'ed the beta phar to root of new cmsms copy, unzipped, and triggered the upgrade with browser.

phpversion: 5.5.12 worked fine for me and I have opcode enabled.

All steps for an upgrade completed without error and I hit the last page suggesting that I enter the admin area or view the site. Viewing the site pulls a smarty error due to the existence of GCB's (Unable to load template tpl_top '53'), but other than that, everything seems to have completed successfully on the upgrade. Admin area seems to work fine from a quick survey.

Once I find the GCB to Template conversion notes, I'll fix those and report any issues or successes on the front end.

System info in case it's of use:

Cms Version: 2.0-beta1
Installed Modules:
CMSMailer: 5.2.2
FileManager: 1.4.4
MenuManager: 1.8.6
News: 2.14.2
Search: 1.7.11
ThemeManager: 1.1.8
CGExtensions: 1.38.8
FormBuilder: 0.7.4
ModuleManager: 1.5.5
CGBlog: 1.12.1
Captcha: 0.4.6
CGSimpleSmarty: 1.7.2
Gallery: 1.6.1
SiteMapMadeSimple: 1.2.8
CMSPrinting: 1.0.5
AdminSearch: 1.0
CMSContentManager: 1.0
DesignManager: 1.0
MicroTiny: 2.0
Navigator: 1.0

Config Information:
php_memory_limit:
max_upload_size: 100000000
url_rewriting: mod_rewrite
page_extension: .htm
query_var: page
auto_alias_content: true
locale:
default_encoding: utf-8
admin_encoding: utf-8
set_names: true
timezone: America/New_York

Php Information:
phpversion: 5.5.12
md5_function: On (True)
json_function: On (True)
gd_version: 2
tempnam_function: On (True)
magic_quotes_runtime: Off (False)
E_STRICT: 2048
E_DEPRECATED: 0
test_file_timedifference:
test_db_timedifference:
memory_limit: 200M
max_execution_time: 90
output_buffering: 4096
safe_mode: Off (False)
file_uploads: On (True)
post_max_size: 100M
upload_max_filesize: 100M
session_save_path: /var/lib/php/session (0770)
session_use_cookies: On (True)
xml_function: On (True)
xmlreader_class: On (True)

Server Information:
Server Api: apache2handler
Server Db Type: MySQL (mysql)
Server Db Version: 5.5.37
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Need gcb to new template system notes

Post by calguy1000 »

For the record. Global Content blocks still work.

Code: Select all

{global_content name='foo'}
is just a synonym/wrapper for

Code: Select all

{include file='cms_template:foo'}
Now to your error:
Unable to load template tpl_top '53'
Indicates that some page is using/was using a template with id '53' ... now I'm not sure what kind of funky way you're using GCB's. but I can give you a hint as to what the upgrade process does.

A: It copies all of the GCB's from the old database table to the new database table (note: you can't count on numeric template id's or gcb ids anymore as these are not preserved).
B: It copies all of the page templates from the old database table to the new database table (same destination table as in step A). So therefore, you also can't count on numeric template id's or GCB id's any more. A new 'Design' is also created for each page template.
C: The process is repeated for core modules like News, Search, MenuManager, etc. and not necessarily in the order I prescribed above.

But... if it was a simple site, without funky template inheritance then I would suspect that you just had a problem with the cache not being cleared properly or something.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
moorezilla
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Need gcb to new template system notes

Post by moorezilla »

I had a chance to look at this again tonight and found a few things that might be of note.

The error was definitely due to some missing gcb and menu templates. They appear to not have transferred/upgraded, as they were just missing from the new template area in 2.0. When I recreated them, the front end worked without throwing an error.

I have to take a closer look at the upgrading notes, because this may very well be me missing a step in the upgrade process, but I'd be curious if anyone else has run an upgrade on an existing site and noticed that not all of the gcb or menu templates were present after the upgrade.

I'm going to blow everything away and redo an upgrade tomorrow, so I can better detail what does and does not survive the gcb/menu template upgrade.

Return to “Closed Issues”