Last push for testing before release.

Report, and discuss CMSMS 2.0 Beta issues here. This forum is for beta testers, and module developers. Please don't use a beta release for production use.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Last push for testing before release.

Post by calguy1000 »

Hi All.

We have had a rather long, and slow beta cycle this time. But we knew it would be that way.

I am now asking people to grab the latest snapshots and test, test and more test. We need to find any critical issues that are show stoppers before release.

Though I had hoped that we could go for mid August, now I am hoping for September.

Note: We are only looking for absolutely critical issues on the regular operation of, installation of, and upgrading of the core functionality. Or things that apply to a large number of modules.

Stuff that 'isn't that important' can wait for a while, and go through the regular BR/FR mechanism on the forge.

I know that you have done lots of testing till now, and I hope that almost all (if not all) of those issues that you have already reported have been addressed. But I am asking for one more push to help get CMSMS 2.0 out the door.

Just so that you know. There is no such thing as perfect software, So we are being extremely picky at this point... if it isn't an absolutely critical issue affecting almost everybody, and their regular management of the website we'll probably skip it till after the release.

Thanks again for your help everybody.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS 2.0 Beta”