[SOLVED] OneEleven shows all tabs in one go (in BE 1.11.4)

Duketown

[SOLVED] OneEleven shows all tabs in one go (in BE 1.11.4)

Post by Duketown »

Hi,

I was upgrading my module BirthdayListing to get ready for 1.11.x
I noticed, back then I was using 1.11-beta2, that when I clicked the name of the module from the left extensions part it showed all the tabs below each other, so in this case tab Brithdays, Templates and Options all in one page. However when clicking for example the Templates tab, it shows only the template information.
I checked this situation with several other modules and a number of mine have the same issue. I checked coding against module Statistics (since it is not mine and seemed to worked as I expected). I can't seem to see a difference.
Next I tried the same (still in beta2) with template NCleanGrey and even Default. Those two don't show the problem. So my thought was it may have to do with template OneEleven. I upgraded the site to 1.11-beta4 and still the same issue.
Anyone an idea why it shows all the tabs when selecting the module via the extensions on the left, but once a tab is used within the module only the selected part/template is shown as it should.

Duketown
Last edited by Duketown on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Template OneEleven shows all tabs in one go (in BE 1.11.

Post by calguy1000 »

OneEleven is a responsive theme. It will put all of the tabs below one another IF there is an isssue with screen resolution.

Just tested this, and confirmed the behavior, but not sure what the cutoff width is. It's a 'feature' of this theme. Don't think we'll change it.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
uniqu3

Re: Template OneEleven shows all tabs in one go (in BE 1.11.

Post by uniqu3 »

Your BirthdayListing Module is including in header:

Code: Select all

<__script__ type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js"></__script>
<__script__ type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.7.2/jquery-ui.min.js"></__script>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.7.2/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui.css" />
Which well is breaking jquery that is included in core.
In core jQuery and jQuery UI are always included, so i do not understand why you need old and unsuported scripts again in your module.

Second, the UI Stylesheet, is included since 1.11 in both Themes, so i would suggest you check against version lower then 1.11 when including your custom UI Stylesheet.

Why it works in NCleanGrey, because NCleanGrey is using pure JavaScript method for tabs, where OneEleven is making use of jQuery, reason is that we use jQuery anyway, that makes tab code few lines shorter.
Duketown

RE: Template OneEleven shows all tabs in one go (in BE 1.11.

Post by Duketown »

Thanks for the quick reply. It now works as expected.

Duketown

Return to “Closed Issues”