Step 2 in cmsms upgrade installer does not happen

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
KjetilB

Step 2 in cmsms upgrade installer does not happen

Post by KjetilB »

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade from version 2.2.8 to 2.2.16 (I don't understand the numbering of the versions, but that is another issue, I guess).

When I run the file cmsms-2.2.16-install.php, it starts OK, but when I click Next, a file index.php is downloaded to my PC and nothing else happens. I don't know what to do with that file, or how to make the wizard proceed with the upgrade.

What can be the problem?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Step 2 in cmsms upgrade installer does not happen

Post by DIGI3 »

It's possible your host doesn't have phar enabled, or it's otherwise misconfigured. There's some tips in the readme that comes with the installer, but I suspect using the expanded installer is going to be the easiest option for you.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
KjetilB

Post by KjetilB »

Do you mean I should choose "yes" at the question "Enable advanced mode?" in the installer? I have tried that, but the same thing happened.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Expanded installer can be downloaded from: https://www.cmsmadesimple.org/downloads/cmsms > cmsms-2.2.16-install.expanded.zip

Extract the zip file and please read the README.TXT first. It explains how to use this installer.

Return to “CMSMS Core”