Symbols Display as Boxes With Hex Numbers Topic is solved

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
NorfolkGreg

Symbols Display as Boxes With Hex Numbers

Post by NorfolkGreg »

Hi Moderators,

Hopefully you'll recognise the issue when look at the subject line and come to authorise my posts and see this second one! I think I was having a bad day yesterday.

Didn't want to believe it was CMSMS that was at fault. I tried going back to a Windows Restore Point, before I tried deleting my installation of CMSMS and installing again from Softaculous. The first made no difference. The second cured the problem, so it seems it was the power cut that knocked out/corrupted something in CMSMS that caused the symbols to go missing.

Please feel free to delete both these posts or combine them into a single topic, after which I will edit them so they run better together!

Many thanks!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Symbols Display as Boxes With Hex Numbers

Post by DIGI3 »

I would suspect a font issue on your machine, assuming these symbols are text-based. If they're image-based then a path issue, the console should give you more information on that. If you're unsure, perhaps a screenshot would help us to diagnose.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
NorfolkGreg

Re: Symbols Display as Boxes With Hex Numbers

Post by NorfolkGreg »

Apologies!

I've done further investigations and my original posts got caught under moderation, so I couldn't simply respond there.
Please follow up at: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=82986

Return to “CMSMS Core”