Odd issue with CSS in CMSMS 2.2.8

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
bailiwick

Odd issue with CSS in CMSMS 2.2.8

Post by bailiwick »

Running 2.2.8 which has been great. I've had it occur several times where updates to a common stylesheet (used on most site pages) seem to sever all associations to that stylesheet (no styles are applied to the pages that rely on it). My changes/additions were minor - literally adding styles for one element equalling about 6-8 lines. I even validated my styles just to be sure they weren't causing problems. After noticing that styles were broken throughout the site, I went back to the stylesheet and deleted the newly added styles to see if it would revert and the styles would work again.... no dice! The only way I could fix the site was by rebuilding the CMSMS database table from a server backup.

Seems like something is up with how CMSMS is writing the stylesheet out to the database. I don't know enough about how CMSMS works under the hood to know if I should monkey about with settings like 'page heirarchy positions', 'routes', or 'optimize' or 'repair' tables.

I know I haven't provide enough detail for a fully technical response. More interested if others have encountered similar issues and general places to start looking...thanks!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Odd issue with CSS in CMSMS 2.2.8

Post by DIGI3 »

I've never heard of this happening, so it's likely something on the server end. Check for mod_security or other firewall/security software. Also make sure to upgrade to 2.2.15 in case it was an issue already fixed.

And, goes without saying, but check your php error logs from the time of submission.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
rotezecke
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Odd issue with CSS in CMSMS 2.2.8

Post by rotezecke »

maybe the stylesheet was too long, and cropped on save? which would explain why it still wouldnt work when you removed the newly added lines again.

Return to “CMSMS Core”