Lost news articles after GoDaddy "ported" new domain

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
msic

Lost news articles after GoDaddy "ported" new domain

Post by msic »

Hi everyone,
I have recently taken over management of our research group's website (and have very little experience in this realm, but have had no trouble with basic updates and additions within CMS). I discovered that we were being charged for two domains (mirrored supposedly) and finally sorted it out with GoDaddy and they switched us over to the new domain. In the process, we lost about 3-4 news articles that were posted in July. GoDaddy said it was a CMS issue and that all the information should be there. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to determine if this data still exists and/or where to go hunting for it??
Thank you,
Kelly
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Lost news articles after GoDaddy "ported" new domain

Post by DIGI3 »

Do they still appear in the News module in Admin, and are just missing from frontend display?

Typically after a site move clearing the cache will fix most issues, so I'd start with that. If they don't show up in admin then I'd look for them in the database itself. If they're not there, then it's likely not a cmsms issue and they probably grabbed an older version or something.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
msic

Re: Lost news articles after GoDaddy "ported" new domain

Post by msic »

Thanks for the response, @DIGI3, and sorry for the delay...I am sure I looked back several times that day and possibly even the next and did not see a reply...perhaps it took some time to load or I didn't refresh the page! Anyway, the posts are not in the Admin area (they are listed by date of post and I am missing a bunch from late June to late July. I will try your suggestions and let you know. Thanks!

Return to “CMSMS Core”