Installation Fatal Error

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
HarmO
Power Poster
Power Poster

Installation Fatal Error

Post by HarmO »

Hi,

it has been a long time i used CMSMS. but now i wanted to lanch a new project and i"m a bit nostalgic on easy it was to launch a website with CMSMS.

So i grabed the latest version and wanted to install it.
Now my server is a VPS, managed with Serverpilot.io running php7.4

Phar is available (https://serverpilot.io/docs/available-php-extensions/) but it has never realy worked with the cmsms phar installation in the past and als not now..
So, as in the past, i grabed the expanded install package.

But now i run into an error on the first page.
"Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /srv/users/carbomat/apps/carbomat/public/installer/index.php on line 46"
"Fatal Error
Problem starting the session (system configuration problem?)"
Kind regards,
HarmO
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Installation Fatal Error

Post by DIGI3 »

Have you tried disabling opcache? It's caused issues with installation in the past, we've modified the installer to attempt to work around it but it may not cover all configurations.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
HarmO
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by HarmO »

Thx that is indeed the problem.

to modify this on serverpilot is not realy handy but i did manage to get is working on an other webserver.
Kind regards,
HarmO
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by manuel »

Hi HarmO & DIGI3,

I also wanted to install on a VPS managed with ServerPilot but ran in to the same OPcache issue.
It's possible to disable PHP Opcache on ServerPilot but like HarmO, I prefer not make changes to the server's configuration.

I just wanted to let you know it's possible to run the "expanded installer" of CMSMS 2.2.16 on a ServerPilot managed VPS with PHP 8.0 and get it up and running without disabling OPchache :)
Cfr.: http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/downloads/cmsms (search for install.expanded.zip)

PHP 8.1 was throwing a lot of messages on that server so I didn't try ;D

Greetings,
Manuel
Do you like your open source cms? Buy from the CMSMS partners || Donate

Return to “CMSMS Core”