Cannot upgrade very old CMSMS site (1.11.x to 2)

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
pixelita
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cannot upgrade very old CMSMS site (1.11.x to 2)

Post by pixelita »

I have been given the task of updating a very old (1.11.4) version of CMSMS on a web site. I know I have to carefully upgrade in increments, but I cannot even get that to work properly. When I uploaded the first set of distro files (1.11.13), it complained about a deprecated function, so I downgraded my PHP (I am developing all of this on my own hosting space; don't even get me started about that), from 7.3.x to 5.4 thinking that would solve all the errors. Well, it solved one of the three, but these two persis (which seems to be pointing to the same issue, a content.functions.php file and PEAR).

So I decided to just skip that upgrade and try 1.12.1 hoping the issue would go away. It did not.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong here? Is it a PHP version? Because my host won't go back any farther than 5.4 so if that's the case, I won't be ale to complete this task. Thanks for any help.
PHP error and not allowing upgrade to proceed
PHP error and not allowing upgrade to proceed
Submit your site to the We Love CMSMS showcase
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Cannot upgrade very old CMSMS site (1.11.x to 2)

Post by Jo Morg »

Apparently the file lib/content.functions.php is missing from your install, either because it was not uploaded at all or because the server deleted it (probably a false positive for an anti-virus or something). Additionally have you uploaded the files via FTP? If so try a different method for uploading the files.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
pixelita
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by pixelita »

That is what the error message suggested to me, but I went through every stinking file I have on four portable drives (I am a pack rat and I keep even old distros of CMSs all the way back to 1.1.3, as well as archived copies of client installs), and the file did not appear in any of them or in anything i downloaded in preparation for this upgrade. It's just not in the /includes folder or I would have grabbed it and copied it. So it must be generated somehow after the installation or upgrade process?? I don't do too much developing of CMSMS (none since version to came about), but it isn't anywhere that I can locate it. Not even in anything i downloaded from the repository.
Submit your site to the We Love CMSMS showcase
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It's in /lib, just unzip the installer.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”