Content pages Add extra fields with +

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
andrewvideouk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Content pages Add extra fields with +

Post by andrewvideouk »

I am working out if there is a way. Add extra fields with something like Calguys Content Utilities on news and Blogs.

I would like if I had the option to press a + so it makes two new boxes with image and text input and able to keep adding more field boxes.
It's very difficult for the users to undertstand thats why I want it plain and simple. Then I have control of what the layout outcome will be. WYSIWYG you have too many options with layout.
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 17.06.57.png
for example below:

+
image........ Text..........

Image........ Text..........

and so on the user can continue to add boxes if they want to add more.
This is because we are making a website using easy read layout aimed at people with learning disabilities and the image has to be on the left hand side with the text.

Thank you
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Content pages Add extra fields with +

Post by DIGI3 »

I don't know if there's any production-ready modules doing this yet, but a few developers in Slack have mentioned working on it. It's also in discussion for the core but just theoretical at the moment.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
chrisbt
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Content pages Add extra fields with +

Post by chrisbt »

Hi Andrew,
I very much want to add something like this to the ECB2 module, initially to work with pages but it should be feasible to get it working with other modules. Hopefully a January job once I get a final site finished in 2020.

Thanks for the question. It helps to understand what is wanted and build the spec for the next steps.

Cheers

Chris

Return to “CMSMS Core”