Parent drop-downs are empty after cloning site

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
bairdmw

Parent drop-downs are empty after cloning site

Post by bairdmw »

v2.2.14

I have cloned a fully-working site and have started working on the clone. The site displays fine, however in admin I am unable to create any new pages with a parent as the parent drop-down is not showing any pages at all (I have 12 root pages and 2 of them have children).

I also have Calguys Content Utils installed so that I can copy some pages across from a v1 site, but this plugin is also showing an empty parent drop-down. See attached screen caps.

If I look at a child page (which was created as a child as part of the cloning process), I see the 2 drop-downs for the 2 levels of parent, but again they are empty.

I am logged in as an admin with full access.

Appreciate any tips...
cmsms1.JPG
cmsms2.JPG
cmsms3.JPG
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Parent drop-downs are empty after cloning site

Post by DIGI3 »

What method did you use to clone the site?
Did you clear the site cache after?

There's a few tools in system maintenance for rebuilding page hierarchy etc, but it sounds to me like the database wasn't copied fully.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
bairdmw

Post by bairdmw »

I'm having the same issue.

v2.2.14

Parent drop-downs are showing only 'None' as an option, both on the Content Pages and on the Calguys Content Utils import screen.

Was anyone able to resolve?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Same suggestions and questions as above. I'd also check the javascript console and php error log for clues, and try reordering the page content if none of the other repair functions fix it. Also, confirm mod_security isn't enabled on the server (you may have to check with your host, there's no way to test if it isn't an option in your hosting control panel)
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”