Can't change the log in header Topic is solved

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
euromade
Forum Members
Forum Members

Can't change the log in header

Post by euromade »

Hello and thank you for any suggestions you may have.

I'm working on a company Intranet which I have migrated from the 1.x to the 2.xx platform in 2018. At the present time I'm running the 2.2.7 release.

PROBLEM:
Two years ago I have created a custom logo in the heather that needs to be changed, however I can't recall where that image is located so I can alter it.

So, how do I find out what Template/Design am I running and where to I find the Stylesheet where this header image is referenced to?

Is there an easy way to somehow "decode" the home page and look up as to where this image file is? It appears to to 100px high, if that helps

When navigating the website, If I click on the Logo it always takes me to the home page; not sure if this helps.

Its been a while since I've worked on the back end customizations, therefore I would appreciate your help.
Thanks!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Can't change the log in header

Post by DIGI3 »

You can tell what admin theme you're using by checking My Preferences > My Account > User Preferences, it's near the bottom under Administration Theme

This blog post should help you customize it: https://cmscanbesimple.org/blog/customi ... king-files
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Are you talking about the logo of the frontend or logo in the admin panel?

For frontend: if you know the filename of the image, you could try Extensions > Admin Search to find the stylesheet/template where it's referenced.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Sorry, I re-read your post and realized you're talking about the frontend not the backend. In Content Manager, the template used for the page will be listed next to the page. The stylesheets used will (typically) be any stylesheets attached to the same Design as the template, you can check this in Design Manager.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
euromade
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by euromade »

THANKS a LOT!!!

per your instructions, I was able to track down the Template (it was displayed next to the page description),
Once I looked up the Template's Stylesheet I was able to find the "custom logo" link.
After uploading the new image, I was able to change the image file and it worked 100%.

Thanks again...

No sure how to mark this SOLVED?
euromade
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Can't change the logo in header [SOLVED]

Post by euromade »

Solved Solved

Return to “CMSMS Core”