Admin Date

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
fowlerat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Admin Date

Post by fowlerat »

Hi,

Is there a temporary fix for the bug 12303 whereby the dates in admin are showing as %x %X?

I know it is stated that this will be fixed in the next SVN but this has no date and in the meantime I have users who are not happy and do not understand why a known bug cannot be resolved (particularly when I cannot even give them a target date). Unfortunately this type of thing undermines trust in the CMS if not resolved.

Many thanks
Alan
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Admin Date

Post by DIGI3 »

I've updated the BR to include a link to the fix in svn.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
fowlerat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by fowlerat »

Thanks very much
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

fowlerat wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:39 amI know it is stated that this will be fixed in the next SVN but this has no date and in the meantime I have users who are not happy and do not understand why a known bug cannot be resolved (particularly when I cannot even give them a target date). Unfortunately this type of thing undermines trust in the CMS if not resolved.
The 2.2.14 release of CMS Made Simple contained two little bugs, one that was annoying we could fix by releasing the News module separately.
The other one - you are referring to here - could not be shipped this way.

The issue was *not* a problem for all users (only for people after changing this setting) and we didn't had other fixes that needed to be resolved at that time.
So our dilemma was, are we doing a new 2.2.14.1 release with this one minor fix, whereby we burden all users with extra upgrade work.
Or wait a while to see if there are more issues that could be resolved in a better 2.2.15 release.

The last couple of weeks we have done more work on CMSMS and going towards a new stability release!
Changelog can be read here:
http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/filede ... NGELOG.txt
The work has almost been done and than we gonna test it all, it will take probably a few weeks...

Thanks for your patience.

Greetz, Rolf
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
cyrcle
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cyrcle »

Thanks for the news and for your work !