How to avoid content being cut off?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
Barbayat

How to avoid content being cut off?

Post by Barbayat »

Hi, so I hadn't had time for my page for a while and now I installed the newest CMS Version and I am manually transferring the content over from my defunct version (also reorganizing it a bit) ....

... BUT I remember that I had too many characters for some of the pages and I've totally forgotten how to set it so that I have more characters so the content doesn't cut off.

I tried googling for it but there is nothing, I wonder knows where to do it, is it in the cms settings or something I need to set with the database itself?

Help would be greatly appreciated
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: How to avoid content being cut off?

Post by velden »

If it's about page content compare the table structure of the <dbprefix>_content_props table. More specifically the 'content' column of that table.

In my CMSMS 2.2.14 install, that column has a type of 'longtext'. That should be enough for any (beyond) reasonable content.
Barbayat

Re: How to avoid content being cut off?

Post by Barbayat »

Thank you, that was it and I checked it's indeed already set to longtext unlike the old installation.

I basically worried for nothing. Makes me like the 2.x Version already a lot more <3

Return to “CMSMS Core”