Installation: No input file specified

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
FCazabon
Forum Members
Forum Members

Installation: No input file specified

Post by FCazabon »

Hi,
I am trying to redo a very old CMSMS site by replacing it with one done in version 2.2.13.

I installed the new version locally, created my site and am now trying to move it live by following the instructions here: https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/moving

Unfortunately that didn't go smoothly as I was getting some errors regarding a require_once statement in some template_c files. SO I decided I'd try to do a clean install by putting cmsms-2.2.13-install.zip in my root folder, extracting it and running the cmsms-2.2.13-install.php.

That hasn't gone too well either. Got the same error (which was about cms_get_language or something like that, but been round in circles so it's a little blurry). I decided I would try to remove all vestiges of the old install so I moved all the files in my root folder to a backup folder and tried running the install again. At this point I get "No input file specified" displayed.

< later > I moved back the index.php file that I had put in a backup folder an dnow I get this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/35/5563535/html/lib/include.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/35/5563535/html/index.php on line 34

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/35/5563535/html/lib/include.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/35/5563535/html/index.php on line 34

Any help with this would be most welcome.

The web host is running php 5.6 and mySQL 5.5. Let me know if more detail is required and how I can provide that for you.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Installation: No input file specified

Post by DIGI3 »

If a clean install is failing, I would try the expanded installer (see the readme included with the installer). I'd also suggest doing it in php 7.2+. The old php version you're running should technically still work, but I've had far fewer problems with the installer in php7.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
FCazabon
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by FCazabon »

OK, thanks I'll try the other way of installing. Unfortunately the host doesn't have a newer version of PHP.
FCazabon
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by FCazabon »

I have tried the extended install and everything went well. I got one warning about output_buffering being below the recommended value but haven't yet worked out how to adjust that on GoDaddy so I let it continue.

The install went through fine, but when I try to login to the CMSMS admin I get this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smarty_cms_about_function_sitename() (previously declared in /home/content/35/5563535/html/plugins/function.sitename.php:46) in /home/content/35/5563535/html/lib/plugins/function.sitename.php on line 40
This is similar to what I was getting previously although that referred to get_language or something like that.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Are you sure GoDaddy doesn't offer newer PHP versions? I have a few clients on various GoDaddy packages and they all let you change it. PHP 5.6 is long obsolete and unsupported.

I'm not totally sure what's causing the issue you're having, but I'm still betting it would be solved with a newer version of php. You're also going to run into an issue with many third-party modules no longer supporting 5.6 too.
FCazabon
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by FCazabon »

The hosting package I've got with GoDaddy is really old and they only offer 5.2, 5.4 & 5.6. I'm willing to move but I have about 9 months left on the contract so I want something in the interim. Maybe I should go back to an older version of cmsms that would work for 5.6?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Current version works with 5.6, but I just figured upgrading was an easy way to get around whatever specific issue you're having.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Just a small note: after moving a site, or changing files, config whatever: clear the cache.

https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... lear-cache

Further: there should NOT be two installations of CMSMS in the same folder obviously.

When you have both a
/home/content/35/5563535/html/plugins/function.sitename.php
and a
/home/content/35/5563535/html/lib/plugins/function.sitename.php
it doesn't seem right.

The first folder seems from a CMSMS 1.x install while the latter from a CMSMS 2.x
FCazabon
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by FCazabon »

Thanks very much! That seems to have been the problem. I had moved all the files from the old cmsms install into a backup folder but hadn't realised the plugins folder should have been moved. It all seems to be working now.

Return to “CMSMS Core”