Content Manager - Internal Page Link for removed page

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Content Manager - Internal Page Link for removed page

Post by cjcollen »

Hi. I have a number of old site pages on my domain so I want to use the Internal Page Link option described in the CMS Can Be Simple blog

https://cmscanbesimple.org/blog/redirec ... ade-simple

I have followed Rolf's instructions by setting up a Section Header and an Internal Page Link for one of my old pages.

The old page url was solo-web-package and so the Internal Page Link for it has this as the page url.
The Destination page is selected from the dropdown option i.e. web-design. It is Active but not shown in Menu.

But when I go to the browser and enter mydomain.co.uk/solo-web-package, it just comes up with my Page Not Found page. It should go to mydomain.co.uk/web-design page.

So, I am at a loss. Have I misunderstood Internal Page Link?

I tried some of the htaccess options mentioned in the above blog post on Rolf's site but I could not get these to work either.

BTW I tried to send comment to Rolf via his website but the comment form came up with a security problem message when I submitted. So I hope no-one minds me using this forum to send my message to Rolf.

I am using CMSMS 2.2.13.

Any assistance is much appreciated.
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Content Manager - Internal Page Link for removed page

Post by cjcollen »

Hi. I have been digging around my Internal Page Link problem and I think I have uncovered a little bug.

If the destination parent is a Section Header, the child pages in the adjacent dropdown defaults to the first page - there is no "None" option available in list. But that value is not assigned as the link when you first set up the internal page link. So it thinks you want to link to the section header which of course does not have anything to display hence the Page Not Found being displayed instead.

So, when you first set up an Internal Page Link to a sub-page of a Section Header, you have to select another page in the child page list, apply, then select the one you want which happens to be the first one in my particular situation.

Hope that is clear.
Please could someone confirm my observation just to make sure I have not misunderstood. Is this a bug?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Yes, I can confirm this is a bug - or at least a situation not accounted for. Feel free to report it in the forge so it doesn't get lost.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

I think it's fixed in 2.3 beta.

But anyway for 2.2.x it might be a good idea to file a bug report. I could add a fix/work-around to the bug report once you have filed it.
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cjcollen »

velden wrote:I think it's fixed in 2.3 beta.

But anyway for 2.2.x it might be a good idea to file a bug report. I could add a fix/work-around to the bug report once you have filed it.
Thanks for responses, Digi3 and Velden. I have raised bug report - didn't know who to assign it to, though.
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/12272

Return to “CMSMS Core”