ModuleManager

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
Cyc
Forum Members
Forum Members

ModuleManager

Post by Cyc »

I have this message: "A problem occurred communicating with the module server"

S: WampServer 3.1.9
PHP: 7.1.9 - ok
7.2.21 - error
7.3.8 - error
CMSMS: 2.2.10
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: ModuleManager

Post by cjcollen »

Hi Cyc. Did you get this problem resolved yet? I am having the same problem, too.

I upgraded my WAMP server to 3.1.9 and installed php version 7.2.21 as CGExtensions module wont work on earlier php versions.

But now I have to set my php version to 7.1.9, go into my CMSMS admin panel, download the modules I want, install or upgrade and then logout and switch my php version and then log back into CMSMS.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

The Module Manager works fine for most people with PHP 7.2 and CMSMS 2.2.10. I use it all the time. There was a minor service interruption today.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cjcollen »

calguy1000 wrote:The Module Manager works fine for most people with PHP 7.2 and CMSMS 2.2.10. I use it all the time. There was a minor service interruption today.
I thought that (service interruption) but it worked fine when I switched php version back to 7.1.9 yesterday.

I tried again this morning and looked at the CMSMS admin log - its coming back with the same problem - unable to connect to module repository - status 400
ModuleManager Request to module repository resulted in status 400 29 Aug. 2019 07:27:02
400 ModuleManager Cannot connect to ModuleRepository 29 Aug. 2019 07:27:02

There is something not quite right with the php 7.2.21 configuration and was hoping for some idea of where to look from someone who seemed to have the same problem earlier this month.

I have looked at the php error log for this morning's session and see there is a php warning about unable to load dynamic library 'curl'

[29-Aug-2019 07:26:20 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'curl' (tried: c:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.21/ext/curl (The specified module could not be found.), c:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.21/ext/php_curl.dll (The specified procedure could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0

I wonder if this is the problem. I checked the php extensions settings in WAMP and see that the curl item is ticked.

[Continues to scratch head]
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cjcollen »

cjcollen wrote: There is something not quite right with the php 7.2.21 configuration and was hoping for some idea of where to look from someone who seemed to have the same problem earlier this month.
I found my answer - I needed to upgrade my version of apache (to 2.4.41) as well as php. All is fine now with ModuleManager :)

Return to “CMSMS Core”