Urgent Help - re PHP5

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
gcamilli

Urgent Help - re PHP5

Post by gcamilli »

Hi,

I have inherited the website for my son's non-profit daycare (http://woodsholedaycarecoop.com), and it was developed a long time ago. As such, it is not going to be compatible with PHP7. I don't have a local copy of all the pages - all updates had been made online, and am trying to download those from CMS. How can I download all webpages from the website at once?

More importantly, it appears to be running on 1.10 Martinique - so in major need of an update. How can I then update it to the most recent version of CMS? Is that something I can do online, or do I need to have all of this on my computer.

I have until March 31 to make all the updates, or the site will break. I am not a computer programmer, I just volunteered to update the site, thinking we were talking about some simple text/html updates.

Thank you!
Geraldine
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Urgent Help - re PHP5

Post by DIGI3 »

Depending upon the version you're currently on and the modules in use, it can be relatively simple or quite complex for an upgrade.

The instructions for upgrading old versions are at https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/old-versions and need to be followed carefully, starting with the version you're currently on. You must make reliable backups and be comfortable restoring them if something goes wrong.

If this is outside your comfort zone, I see that you have already submitted a "hire a dev" request so you may want to work with the developer who contacts you rather than attempting it yourself.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
gcamilli

Re: Urgent Help - re PHP5

Post by gcamilli »

Thank you for the quick response. The current version is 1.10, and the following modules are installed:
CMSMailer v2.0.2
CMSPrinting v1.0
FileManager v1.2.0
MenuManager v1.7.6
MicroTiny v1.1
ModuleManger v1.5
News v2.12.2
Search v1.7
ThemeManager v1.1.4

I have indeed reached out to potentially "hire a dev" because I don't know how complicated this will be at this time, and there is little time for me to get up to speed.
Thank you!

Return to “CMSMS Core”