File Manager in Admin not working

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
SimonF
Forum Members
Forum Members

File Manager in Admin not working

Post by SimonF »

Hello folks,

I'm hoping there's a simple fix for this.
File Manager in my Admin panel has not been working for a while. It opens to the Uploads folder, where I store images, pdf's etc. but I cannot navigate into any other folder except up to root, but then I can't go back into any other folder. I get a "Not Found" error.
I have used the Up arrow and my path is now Root, but when I select any other folder I get a URL like this: (domain obscured for this post when trying to go back into the Uploads folder)
I have been searching the forums for clues, but nothing has changed in htaccess or anywhere else, as far as I know. The site is on shared hosting, but I do have access to change PHP version and some Extensions, so I'm hoping it's something simple that isn't enabled any more.

I have a mod_rewrite rule to change to "www" which works, so mod_rewrite is enabled.

Just updates from 2.2.8 to 2.2.10 to see if that fixed it. Have tried PHP 5.6 and 7.1 but still persists.

If more info required please let me know.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Regards,

Simon
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: File Manager in Admin not working

Post by DIGI3 »

Any clues in the PHP error log?

Try temporarily renaming all .htaccess files (check above the root folder, root, and uploads) then clear cache and try again

Confirm with your host that they don't use mod_security, or if they can temporarily disable it. I don't think it's that as that's usually a 403 or white screen, but perhaps worth a shot.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: File Manager in Admin not working

Post by Rolf »

Mod_security / false positive server virus scanner for sure! Been there...
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -

Return to “CMSMS Core”