Fatal error version.php does not exist upgrading to 2.2.8

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
XSiV1972

Fatal error version.php does not exist upgrading to 2.2.8

Post by XSiV1972 »

I've been upgrading a site from 1.12.2 - 2.2.8 and during the upgrade i received an error -

"Warning: require_once(/home/kirsnerp/public_html/lib/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kirsnerp/public_html/lib/include.php on line 67

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/kirsnerp/public_html/lib/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kirsnerp/public_html/lib/include.php on line 67"

Can anyone offer some assistance? I have no idea why the version.php file would not exist or where it went. Is is possible to get a copy of version.php from somewhere and place it in the directory?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Fatal error version.php does not exist upgrading to 2.2

Post by DIGI3 »

It's possible your host's anti-virus is removing it, you may want to check with them.

You could get the files from http://svn.cmsmadesimple.org if you know what you're doing, but it would make sense to figure out the problem first as other files may be missing too.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
XSiV1972

Re: Fatal error version.php does not exist upgrading to 2.2

Post by XSiV1972 »

Thanks Digi
I'll talk to my host.

Return to “CMSMS Core”