Gallery not working

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
johnsont
Forum Members
Forum Members

Gallery not working

Post by johnsont »

I'm a little stuck. My school district uses the CMS for each school. They all use the same template and were set up identically six years ago, but they are each a different account and have been maintained by different people through the years.

The gallery on the main page works on all of the sites except one. I have compared the CMS settings and it seems to be the same, but for some reason it's not working. I'm a little stuck as to where to go next.

Any suggestions?

Not working: http://www.hactc.com/
Working: http://www.dbsvt.com/

Thanks,
Tessa
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Gallery not working

Post by DIGI3 »

It looks like the images aren't physically there, or at least the thumbnails aren't.

Did the site get moved or anything recently? Either the images have been deleted, or the thumbnails need to be regenerated.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
johnsont
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by johnsont »

I just put the images there this morning and checked the directory link. How does it do the thumbnails? Can I force them to regenerate?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Generally it does them upon upload, but if you didn't upload them through the gallery module - or they didn't upload correctly/were too big/etc the thumbnails may not have generated automatically.

Under the options tab in the Gallery module, there's a checkbox at the bottom for regenerating them.

If there's still a problem after that, check the PHP error logs - perhaps there's a server setting (memory limit or similar) causing a problem with the thumbnail generation.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
johnsont
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by johnsont »

Thank you, thank you! Once I got into the file system I found that the GalleryThumbs folder was missing! No idea how that happened. Apparently it's been "broken" for years. I replaced that folder, regenerated the thumbs, and all is well.

Thanks,
Tessa

Return to “CMSMS Core”