How do I upgrade an Old version of CMSMS

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
CapereSpiritum
Forum Members
Forum Members

How do I upgrade an Old version of CMSMS

Post by CapereSpiritum »

I have a website (version 37) 1.11.13 (BAQUERIZO MORENO)

Just tried the 'CMS Made Simple™ 2.2.6 (Come By Chance) Installation and upgrade assistant'. It states that my version is too old.

There is a problem with my site. The browser shows the following

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Attempt to connect to database db431056617 on dbo431056617@db431056617.db.1and1.com failed in /homepages/34/d281596727/htdocs/AWNW/lib/adodb.functions.php on line 61
I'm struggling to fix this issue.

Is there a series of upgrades that'll bring it up to date and let me display the site again?

It's been like this a while as I'm undergoing treatment for cancer and quite frankly, my heads not in a good place.
Help or guidance much appreciated.

Best regards
Simon
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: How do I upgrade an Old version of CMSMS

Post by DIGI3 »

https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/old-versions

There's a few "gotchas", 2.x was a big change, but take it one step at a time and make backups on the way. If you get stuck, give us specific information and check your error logs.

If you still can't do it, you may want to consider the 'commercial help wanted' forum, or our hire-a-dev program, assuming you're able to come up with a small budget (depending upon the site, I've upgraded old 1.x sites to the latest 2.x in anywhere from 30 minutes to 4+ hours).
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: How do I upgrade an Old version of CMSMS

Post by calguy1000 »

You must have a working version of CMSMS before you can begin the upgrade process. One problem at a time.

As DIGI3 said your issue is related to a host configuration issue. Either the database credentials changed, or the PHP configuration changed on that server. This is not directly a CMSMS issue.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “CMSMS Core”