Test area

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
johnsont
Forum Members
Forum Members

Test area

Post by johnsont »

Hi all,
I'm new to this CMS. My school district has their site up and running and I'm now in charge of maintaining it. Unfortunately the guy who set it up is now MIA. I'm slogging my way through finding everything I need to, but the one thing I can't find is a development/draft area. When I make changes to a page I can hit "apply" or "submit" but they both update the live site. How can I made changes to a page but keep it in a draft mode that I can view and share with the boss for approval before posting live? I don't want to take down the page in the meantime, but I want the current version to remain live while I make changes to a draft version. What am I missing??

Thanks,
Tessa
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Test area

Post by DIGI3 »

For content pages, CMSMS doesn't have a versioning system or draft mode. News or CGBlog articles can be saved in draft mode, but not regular content.

Typically, most developers will just duplicate the site for development purposes, on a staging or dev domain.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”